my shout

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
deekay
On the Road

my shout

Post by deekay »

siddle up to the bar all you raptoians and have a drink with a territorian. name your poison, hello from Darwin in Australia and thanks for the welcome already shown by some of you that have kindly offered assistance. I bought my first Cagiva last week, a 2002 raptor 1000. I am already maddly in love with it and did 300 klms running around this weekend, I look for reasons to duck out to the shop or hardware store, my wife thinks its great getting me to run errands constantly. Darwin is the northernmost capital in Australia and is either hot and dry or hot and humid/raining so motorcycling is an all year round affair, it is 30 - 36C everyday of the year. I am in my mid 50's and have been riding bikes since I was 13. I have had so many I cannot remember them all but have included most british brands, japanese brands and a Ducati, I think the Cagiva is the best of all that I have had and am not likely to part with it, I tend to collect toys and not sell unless I have to, anyway bottoms up my buy again, lets drink this place dry, denis. P.S. did I tell you our beer consumption in Darwin is the highest per head in the world.
to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

Bloody pisspots up there...
Welcome matey
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

piss pots what us??? know what you mean about roundabouts, had mine step out on me yeaterday in a bit of oil and got it back so easily, talk about forgiving, love it
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

highest beer consumption? i don't think so! ;) :lol:

you see, belgium is beer-capital of the world, so we rule! ;)

anyway, welcome dennis, i'll have one of these please

shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum,,, tequila and lime here please :)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

wahay Aussie at the bar :D does this mean we have to drink for two continents?

In which case I'll have a large beer and an english Gin thanks :D

I met someone from Darwin once - he was in a bar too :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

how unusual, I have enjoyed the odd beer or three in your lovely country as well, I got used to the "old peculiar" and draft on tap very easily, had a rather pissy time in Oxford on one occassion and boy can those Scotts sink a few, and I thought we were good, denis
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

tis in the celtic genes that were exported from here to australia many years ago deekay - but you crew seem to have honed it to a fine Art :wink:
SnappY
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

Man up wreckah lets have six pack of Darwin Stubbies only 2 litres a go, should wet a territory thirst

http://au.search.yahoo.com/search/image ... c&ei=UTF-8
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

Welcome, Darwin stubbie for me too, its been a while, you got many curly roads up that way deekay
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

those darwin stubbies are the right size for sure :lol:

lots of trips to the loo guaranteed 8)
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

wreckah wrote:55 years agohighest beer consumption? i don't think so! ;) :lol:

you see, belgium is beer-capital of the world, so we rule! ;)

anyway, welcome dennis, i'll have one of these please

Mmmmm, Duvel.... Lovely beer that! You have lots of lovely beer in Belgium and I should really come back and sample a few more one day... Hic!
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

How good is this, I'm propped up at the bar having a ball talking Raptorian sinking a few stubbies and not to forget the Gin as well with a veritable united nations, if its this good owning a raptor why didn't someone tell me before so I could have converted over years ago, I am having a blast playing boy racer everyday going to work terrorising the locals and hurting their ears, what more can you want. Sorry Shlockengronk the roads tend to be pretty straight and there is only one good ride out to Lichfield Park, lots of twists and turns and fun. We have just got an open road speed limit of 130kph whereas before we had no speed limit on the open road, bloody killjoys. Wide open spaces and little to no poulation, that is the Northern Territory. 1000ks takes about 8 hours with stops. Denis.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:D The Raptors seem to be one of the best kept secrets in the biking world - but once ridden forever smitten it seems :lol: 8)
SnappY
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

I think a beer or three is in order for Cavia for coming good with the english version of a service manual, order whatever you want Cavia, its on me. I have found so much good info on this site, have ordered a wavy rear disc from stealth as so many people recommended them as well as a chain sprocket set also from stealth. I am suprised about the chain reports as mine has done 20000k's or about 1200 miles and is good albiet original but so many people advising to replace meens it's gone. Stalth are a pleasure to deal with for a person thousands of miles away and they get my recommendation for pain free transaction, if the products are as good I am laughing, maybee a shout for them as well, cheers all you piss pots still here, den.