WTF was that?!

General spannery stuff
twistedpr
On the Road

WTF was that?!

Post by twistedpr »

Picture the scene. You and your rappy have been out of action for 3 months following an accident. Hours graft and healing later, the day finally arrives to venture back out on the road. You've checked everything at least 5 times, picked your route, got your lucky rabbit's foot and off you head. 8)

You take your time getting used to how she feels, building up to cruising speed and listening out for anything odd. Everything is normal, and you're just getting comfortable when something hits your foot. Something small, but heavy. :shock: You immediately pull over to the hard shoulder, get off, check round a couple of times but don't see anything amiss, and conclude that you must have hit something like a large stone or something. :?

Back on the road everything feels normal-ish, and you conclude that the ever-so-slightly odd sendsation through the handlebars is just your paranoia. Only when you reach your destination and go to put your lock's reminder cable over the handlebar so you realise that something is missing. The barend. :shock:

I can't believe the whole thing just fell off (including the bit your screw into)! :evil: Has anyone else experienced that? Anyone out there with fancy bar ends/mirrors willing to sell me their originals as a replacement?
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

i have noticed that i'm for ever tighening my bar-end mirrors. Clearly riding at the speed limit cause's to many vibes.
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

I've a pair of originals, weighting down a shelf, as the Renthals are smaller.
How does 5 squid & post sound - say 71/2??
What you didn't see was that the bar end was deliberately shed, to hit the Kami Kaze squirrel that was heading for your nuts, Italians take these things seriously - you didn't see it? See, it worked.........
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

stevepratt48 wrote:55 years agoI've a pair of originals, weighting down a shelf, as the Renthals are smaller.
How does 5 squid & post sound - say 71/2??
What you didn't see was that the bar end was deliberately shed, to hit the Kami Kaze squirrel that was heading for your nuts, Italians take these things seriously - you didn't see it? See, it worked.........
Kami Kaze squirrel heading for your nuts :shock: holy smoke we only have to watch out for crocodiles, snakes and killer spiders :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards, zorro 8)
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

zorro wrote:55 years agoKami Kaze squirrel heading for your nuts :shock: holy smoke we only have to watch out for crocodiles, snakes and killer spiders :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards, zorro 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So many motorcycles, so little money!
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

just a quick point,to all those using renthals.can use your original bar ends.put a nut and bolt thou them,lock that into a drill,but that safelt i vice,as bar end spins hold a file against it.took 5 mins per bar end to shave down diameter to fit.renthal do new rubbers to fit or just get a stanley knife and trim to fit.as to stopping them fall off.silicon insert on bar ends and lock tight nut on internals
twistedpr
On the Road

Thanks Steve

Post by twistedpr »

Thanks to Steve, not only does my Rappy now feel normal to ride, but my nuts are a whole lot more comfortable on the open road. 8) Squirrels of the Highway - you have been warned! :P
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------