Nikko Racing G-tech module

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
dochoc
On the Road

Nikko Racing G-tech module

Post by dochoc »

Hi
Anybody fitted one of these on their Raptor 1000??
Seems to be somewhat more sophisticated version of a TRE.Quite pricey though.

http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/engin ... _gpack.asp
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi dochoc,

I havent seen one of those. I noticed that they have a unit for the raptor which is rare too. I currently have fitted a Techlusion unit. This unit has been fine up to now. The unit I have just adds fuel through the torque curve, giving a smoother delivery as well as enhanced power.

The only other popular unit is the Power Commander. It's really a matter of doing some more research regarding the unit.

Cheers!
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
dochoc
On the Road

Post by dochoc »

Hi Zane

Tried the PC back in 2001,and couldnt get it to run properly.PDQ couldnt sort it,and gave me a refund.PC back then was the TL version,and according to PDQ some worked on the Raptor and some didnt.Have tried the bog standard TRE and couldnt tell the difference.On the Dyno didnt appear to do much either.
Have an optimized map using the Yoshi box ,but this only allows quite crude adjustments.
Is there now a dedicated PC for the Raptor that works?
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi dochoc,

I can't talk about the PC unit as I know no one that has one in Melbourne on a raptor. My brother used one on a 4 cylinder GSX1400 and it worked a treat.

The Techlusion unit that I am using does make a difference on the Xtra Raptor. A mate of mine also has an Xtra Raptor and he too noticed the difference in performance. Lets say much smoother delivery. Thing is that I would only recommend one of these units if your bike is performing temperamentally. I know that typically the Xtra Raptor is tuned different to the Raptor and V raptor. The Xtra Raptor tends to be very temperamental at the map change around the 3 to 4000 rev range, and you have to be far more sensitive on the throttle control. For me this was the range where you would be ususally cornering hard on tight corner. The unit helped smoothen the change of map and provide those extra ponies. That's how it feals anyhow.

I havent placed the bike on a dyno, so I can't tell you about the extra power. However it has made the bike smoother. :roll: Food for thought anyhow.

Again, if it's working well you would have to ask why you would want a unit? I believe that when it comes to riding if the bike quickly, that is bike off the shelf, it comes down to the rider ability. The only other place it may help is if your into racing on a track.

Better to spend the money on suspension or on improving skills. :) :idea:

Hope this helps......Cheers :shock:
dochoc
On the Road

Post by dochoc »

Hi Zane.

I just feel cheated if the power available is being restricted,purely to meet some arbitary noise/emmission regs. :evil: It tends to give a flat spot just where you tend to ride most of the time.More top end is not the goal,just a smoother nicer power delivery as intended by the engineers before the legislators intervened.

Have gone as far as I can on susp/weight saving.Have the full Maxton cartridge front end and replacement rear shock,with Dymag carbon/mag wheels front and rear.
As you rightly say,you can always improve riding technique-mine probably more than most :lol:
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi Dochoc,

Sounds like you have some great gear on the bike. All the wonderful stuff. I must admit that as a V twin the raptor is a little touchy. You just need a little more gentle on the throttle control. V twins though, give you much better cornering feel and speed in my opinion. Reason is that most of the power is in the low to middle range. Perfect when cornering.

As to the emissions control, I had it disconnected from my bike. It just looks like its connected, if you know what I mean... Supposedly it makes the bike easier to tune and performs better to.

I have also made the airbox mod, however I'm not really sure if it has made a true difference to performance.

In Australia we have a few riding courses that are great. I went to one known as the knee down course and it was great. They teach you cornering skills and how to get your knee down on corners. The beauty was that you use their bikes, a 250 VTR.... amazing thing was my confidence level and that you realise that your bike is capable of much more than you think......

My bike is currently in repair though from being knocked over by a fork lift. Its posted under general chat. Can't wait to get the machine back..
dochoc
On the Road

Post by dochoc »

Zane

What a bummer.I now how you feel,had a previous bike knocked over about 20 years ago,and was absolutely gutted (Kawasaki H2 750 triple ,two stroke).Still makes me angry to think about now.Came back to find it laying in the gutter in central London.Nobody saw a thing.