PCIII

General spannery stuff
Si RAPTOR
On the Road

PCIII

Post by Si RAPTOR »

Hi All

Just bought a PCIII which I'm expected to be delivered it is the tls1000 version which as I understand is compatible. As this is my first power commander how easy are they to install and configure? What are the potential problems? and as I have motad Viper pipes, K&N and Air box mod will the maps on the dynojet site be good enough and provide more performance or will I need to get it custom mapped on a dyno?

Any advice appreciated. By the way £150 new from some guy in california via ebay good value eh? (hope it turns up and he hasn't just spent it on guns)

Thanks for any advice Si
God rides a harley davidson......The Devil Rides a Raptor
dochoc
On the Road

Post by dochoc »

I tried in vain to get the PC11 from the TL to run properly on my Raptor 1000.PDQ told me that some work OK and some dont.This was about 6yrs ago.Hopefully the new model will be ok.Report back when you have fitted it,as I would like to try again with the PC111 version.
Si RAPTOR
On the Road

Post by Si RAPTOR »

Shall do it is currently crossing the atlantic fingures crossed I get it staurday though royal mail may want to use it as an office ornament for a few days...............work shy gits!
booah
On the Road

PCIII

Post by booah »

Si

I put a PCIII USB on my Vrap a couple of months ago with the stock TLS map that it came with. It seemed to smooth everything out a bit . The bike is currently getting dynoed and I'll let you know how it goes.
Si RAPTOR
On the Road

Post by Si RAPTOR »

Great let me know as I plan to do the same I have a dyno station quiet close to where I live. Can you also let me know what mods you have done to your bike?

Cheers

Si
booah
On the Road

PCIII

Post by booah »

Si

The mods are:
Pair system completely removed and blanked off
TRE
Carbon fibre air box with a K&N filter covering the entire top of the box
Quill Titanium Tri oval exhaust
PCIII USB
Stock crankcase breather removed and larger breather installed
and some other bling bits, screen, bellypan, hugger,shift light etc.

I'll pick up the bike next week and let you know.
booah
On the Road

Back from the Dyno

Post by booah »

Si as promised

Max HP was 109.6 at 8500 rpm
Torque peaked at 72 ft/lb at 6800 rpm
Just by installing the PCIII it smoothed it all out and when when it was mapped on the dyno it gained almost another 6 hp. The AFR went from rich at 3000-5000 to too lean at 6000 then rich at 8000.

Feels good and gives me piece of mind now............before the NX wetshot nitrous thats on the way.
Si RAPTOR
On the Road

Post by Si RAPTOR »

72lbft I like that good power as well good work mate! Bloody postal strike here in the UK so as mentioned before the Royal Mail are currently using my PCIII as an office ornament.

Whish I could go on strike evry time I disagreed with my boss! :x

Cheers for the info mate I really can't wait to plumb that baby in ....when I finally get it....

Si :D
Si RAPTOR
On the Road

Post by Si RAPTOR »

Hi got the pcIII fited today yet to test on the road have uploaded one of the maps that came with it. Full yosh system and Non standard airfilter.

Boah still haven't forgatten about the offer of some handlebars after my off the other week, thanks for that. In the end managed to find some renthals that fit ok and I am just about getting used to the new riding position.

Your setup engine setup is similar to mine any chance you could save your pcIII map on file and email it over so I could give it a try?

Cheers in advance

Si
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Si

I had the map installed and tuned at the dyno shop. I'm not sure how to email the map to you. Do you know how to down load?
Si RAPTOR
On the Road

Post by Si RAPTOR »

Hi Boah

Sure do. If you plug you pcIII into your laptop (if you have one) and open up your powercommander software (comes with PCIII or can be downloaded from powercommander website) once you have the program open start your bike and you'll notice that your throttle position and revs appear on the right handside. Click on "Get map" and the map table will show the current settings. Click save map and hey presto downloaded map.

This is a good idea anyway as you never know you may need to reload it at some point anyway.

You can email me direct if you click on my profile on the members list.

Cheers mate hope you are enjoying the start of your summer, ours is finished now ....arse!

Si
joe78
On the Road

Post by joe78 »

HI Si, I'm running more or less the same set up as you with Motad venoms with baffles removed, airbox mod, rubber air intakes removed, PCII and also a TRE. My PCII is a specific V Raptor one i bought off TL Monkey and I've had good result with one of the maps that came with it. It says on the CD that use with Forza straight through pipes, K&N filter and airbox snorkels removed. Ive sent it to your email, see how you get on with it. Joe
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

Hey Joe!
I'd like to try that map, could you send it to me too please? I'm running Ubaldo's map off the Italian Raptor site, have you tried that one?