Battery for 2007 Raptor 650

General spannery stuff
Magnum
On the Road

Battery for 2007 Raptor 650

Post by Magnum »

Got my brand new 07 Raptor today! :D :D :D ,
But when I unloaded it at home there was no battery fitted. :shock:
Since the dealer is located in the middle of nowhere, going back is not an option. (It´s a 5 hour drive). So I tried to figure out what kind of battery to buy from the manual, but nowhere any suggestion on what type of battery that fits the -07 650 Rap.
I guess thats the Italian way :?
Reading the forum suggest that there is a tight fit and also that YTX12-BS or similar size might work. But by looking into the compartment I dont think that YTX12-BS (150mm in lenght) will fit, since there is a really fat cabel beside the cooling water tank. :?
Can anybody come up with suggestions or dimensions for the right kind of battery fitting in the 2007 Raptor 650

Cheers!
pod
On the Road

from searching

Post by pod »

My Fiamm battery went dead, 3x wanted £99 plus VAT.
My local guy got a pattern replacement, same as CBR600
details

MF
supersealed battery
CTX9-BS
£34, part no.712090

fitted right in no hassle.
Cheers
pod
Stay calm.
Magnum
On the Road

Battery

Post by Magnum »

Many thanks for your input.
I guess It suppose to be CTX9-BS or YTX 9-BS
But from the ilustrations in the manual it seems like the terminals is located facing the rear and the cable layout indicates that the positive terminal should be on the right side and the negative on the left.

When I Google CTX9-BS or YTX 9-BS all illustrations are indicating that the positive terminal is on the left side having the terminals facing you.

I have tried to change the cabels but the negative is too short.
How is it on your bike?

Cheers!
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

Now I am really the fool :oops:
Of cource there is more then one way of fitting a battery. Not until I bought the battery I realized that it should tilt towards the rear. :roll:
So now I am a really happy man. The Raptor came alive instantly, and only 4 km on the meter. :D
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the Asylum - Grins are forcast for the Sweden area!
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

great taste in bikes mate 8)

welcome! :wink:
raptor001
On the Road

Post by raptor001 »

Hi guys,

I'm also looking for a new battery for my 2000 Vrap 650. I noticed that the original battery was labelled GTX9-BS and was wondering are there any differences between it and the YTX9-BS or the CTX-9BS?
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

raptor001 wrote:55 years agoHi guys,

I'm also looking for a new battery for my 2000 Vrap 650. I noticed that the original battery was labelled GTX9-BS and was wondering are there any differences between it and the YTX9-BS or the CTX-9BS?
From what I could find out on the internet, I don´t think there is any difference! I found a Gel battery with a completely diffrent label. But the size was the same and that´s the most important thing, right. I had no problem with it what so ever.
raptor001
On the Road

Post by raptor001 »

Thanks!