OEM Motorparts - left hand threaded spacer font spindle.

General spannery stuff
Bazza
On the Road

OEM Motorparts - left hand threaded spacer font spindle.

Post by Bazza »

Hi, Does anybody know whats going on with OEM motor parts? I ordered a left hand threaded spacer bolt for front spindle. I paid over 2 weeks ago, e mailed last week to chase them and got an auto response E mail reply saying :

"Due to the MotorBeurs in Utrecht (The Netherlands) there may be some delays in our reaction to emails and the shipping of orders from Januari 28th untill February 7th!
orders will be delayed untill 5th feb."

Obviously can't ride without this..... Bummer! :cry: Anyone got a spare I can buy as I don't know how long I'll have to wait? Help I miss my bike! :cry:
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!
Bazza
On the Road

Doh

Post by Bazza »

Bike is V Raptor! 2001
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Do you have the original (stripped I guess?) I might have a man who can make you one if he has one to copy and can machine the L/h thread.
Bazza
On the Road

Post by Bazza »

No I don't have the original, It somehow managed to vanish one day. Lucky I spotted it had gone.

Thanks for your help. I'll see if I can get hold of an original to get it copied.
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

Cavia
On the Road

Re: OEM Motorparts - left hand threaded spacer font spindle.

Post by Cavia »

Bazza wrote:55 years agoHi, Does anybody know whats going on with OEM motor parts? I ordered a left hand threaded spacer bolt for front spindle. I paid over 2 weeks ago, e mailed last week to chase them and got an auto response E mail reply saying :

"Due to the MotorBeurs in Utrecht (The Netherlands) there may be some delays in our reaction to emails and the shipping of orders from Januari 28th untill February 7th!
orders will be delayed untill 5th feb."

Obviously can't ride without this..... Bummer! :cry: Anyone got a spare I can buy as I don't know how long I'll have to wait? Help I miss my bike! :cry:

Guess they were busy with the utrecht bike fair (big one that,been there)
Also , don't want to bring bad news you but it can take some time to get cagiva spares from their factory, you can read some tales of woe in this forum :cry:

oem parts must be back now from utrecht,so they got time to answer you now I guess
Hope you get the part soon

cheers
No bike is ever finished!
pod
On the Road

Not left hand threaded

Post by pod »

If this is the same item as the 650 axle then it is Right hand threaded.
It usually lives in the fork end , although it is a help when refitting the wheel if the pinch bolt are slackened and the sleeve is knocked out a little to help get the front wheel back in. Sure its not still in the fork end?
Cheers
Pod
Stay calm.
Bazza
On the Road

Thanks

Post by Bazza »

Thanks everyone. Sorted it now!n Managed to get hold of one.
Ta!
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!