Tranquility

Chat about anything
TimO
On the Road

Tranquility

Post by TimO »

Just got into the office, the office manager just timed how long between hearing my bike and me arriving at the office. 2 minutes :!:
I didn't think it was loud really.
Slightly embarrassing as I'm involved with a project about mapping tranquility in the countryside :oops:

TimO
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Your office manager musn't have alot to do if he's timing you arriving at the office!!! :D
where's the bar?
Miz
On the Road

Loud Bikes

Post by Miz »

A few years ago I lived in a little village in Derbyshire, was sat in the pub one evening and a lad asked if I had been at work for the past couple of days!!

Turns out, he waited to hear me ride through the village then he got up, because I had a couple of days off (without consulting him) he was late for work, 2 days on the trot :shock:

Miz.
152/999
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oops! naughty Miz! how remiss of you not to check your leave chit with him :twisted:

TimO - I stopped at a very tranquil spot at the weekend - do you need a roving reporter? ;) gizza job
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Evil Twin
On the Road

Post by Evil Twin »

Two streets from home is a little hill that I like to pick the front up on. This sweet and tranquil sound then travels up the valley signalling the wife to put the jug on, when I'm not in the dog house. At least the boys run to the front and open the garage :D .
The bike made me do it!
TimO
On the Road

Post by TimO »

Seems to me that loud bikes are obviously a good thing and to be encouraged :D

According to the Council for the Protection of Rural Englands map, there really doesn't appear to be much tranquility in England. Maybe the red bits correspond to the locations of Raptors?

Do you like the way that Wales and Scotland have been cut free to drift off into the sea :D Wasn't me

shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I'm on a slightly red bit...but then I have standard pipes (or maybe its the HD?)
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Ooooooh, I'm in a green bit! Thogh I knew that already.... :wink:
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

I'm in a serious red zone !!!!!! must be since I removed the baffles..... mind you, Saf and TL are also very local !!!!!! Triple glazing anyone :lol:

The louder the better, by the time I pull up on the drive the garage door is open and there's a cup of coffee waiting !!!!!!!! Not quite managed dinner yet :lol:
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Loud is good. You know it's a safety thing. I too get guys in the industrial estate where I work saying they keep time of me arriving at work. I think they need a life, maybe a bike too....
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Yellow on the edge of green for me :oops: maybe I should be buying noyzee cans :twisted:

- but I do likes when ya stop on a back lane with a view and it's quietly quiet 8)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
zebedee
On the Road

wales and Scotland

Post by zebedee »

They have drifted off cos someone pulled the bolts out. I hope they enjoy their proper independance and we can all get duty free when we go there. I think Wales and Scotland should be attached with Velcro and everytime they moan about the English they should be undone and pushed out to see. Just had a weekend in Wales and they get all their leccy from us.
live long and prosper earthmen
pmogs
On the Road

Re: wales and Scotland

Post by pmogs »

[quote="zebedee"] Just had a weekend in Wales and they get all their leccy from us.[/quote]

Hey zebedee , you forgot to mention the water that's supplied to part's of England from the Welsh reservoir's, which are ('flooded valleys') or the Welsh countryside that's been ruined recently making way for the gas pipe line from Pembroke to part's of England !!!
zebedee
On the Road

land of the dragon

Post by zebedee »

I also forgot to mention the road signs with too many words on them so that car drivers have another thing to worry about rather than look out for me or the absolute obsession with speed cameras. I forgot to mention these things as I have South Welsh anscestors and I do like the place.
live long and prosper earthmen
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

zebedee , Not sure what part of South Wales you visit ...
Sound's like you don't wander off the M4 or the main road's a lot !!!

If you know where to go , you'll find some of the best biking road's in the country & most of the time 'speed camera' free ...

I take it you do like the twisties .........................................................