water where it should not be!!!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
mandie82
On the Road

water where it should not be!!!

Post by mandie82 »

Well after getting the baby repaired and almost ready to fight another day.. when starting her up and trying to blast on the motorway she would not go like she used to... :(
So we took out the old petrol that had stood for so long in her.. and tried again.. still nothing.. then when we were having a scout about her.. we noticed the outflow pipe for the water that gets in the fuel cap thingy was all blocked.. and there is loads of water in the tank not good!!!! well now i have used all the petrol in the tank.. i now need a fuel filter??? where can i get one?? can i use an sv650 one??
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

Better replace the fuelpump as well.
Mine broke because of water.
Saw new pumps on Ebay for €60. ;)
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

60 euros.. thats cheap.. had a look at a couple of websites and there going for hundreds...

do you know where i can get a filter from?? as cant find one anywhere!!
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
pod
On the Road

carbs or Fuel injection

Post by pod »

Its funny how the drain line blocks, it seems to attract flies, my rap has had this line block twice.
Your fuel filter should be OK,
If your bike has carbs, they drain from wee screws in the float bowl, if its FI then someone else can tell you what to do.
I drain my tank every winter now, condensation in the tank also adds water to the fuel.
Stay calm.
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

huumm drained the fuel off.. took the pump out.. where is the filter???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We cant find it anywhere
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

mmm ok.. so after searching everywhere ont he web and in books and all over the bike.. I rang motoGB and asked russell.. now he said "computer said no" he said it does not have one????? mmmmm so slightly confused now!!! thats a bit risky
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

nod nod - mine don't have one either - i thought the 650 might be different though - ah weell that saves you buying a new one mandie
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

huumm.. well put some petrol back in and it still wont go passed 7k revs.. cant get over 80mph and in any gear you whack on full throttle it has a paddy???? dont know what to do help anyone??
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

My 650 with carbs definetely has a filter its part of the low fuel level switch do dah, follow the fuel line back to the tank , if it goes into a flange
with wires coming out , then that will be where the level switch is, Id be really surprised if there was no filter at all.
Cheers
Pod
Stay calm.
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

mine is injectors.. and traced... there is nothing!! so im having to take the baby in to the garage next week.. as dont know what it could be... maybe the injectors need cleaning????
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

Just looked up the OEM site parts list for the injected motor, yup no filter , just the fuel pump , priced at over 1,000 euros , ouch, hope its not that!
Stay calm.
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

1k for a fuel pump!!!!!??? WTF is it made from gold!?!?
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

yeh i had a loot on there website.. and to be honest.. i think they might have the prices slightly WRONG!! there are loads of things on there for over 1k.. which aint right!!
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
Leeboy
On the Road

Post by Leeboy »

Have had the same problem with mine.
the bleed for the excess water has a metal valve that gets blocked up.
Garage drilled it out and put a rubber one in for under £20.
Live long and prosper
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

ITS FIXED woop.. after 3 - 4 months of it been off road my good mate at HB motorcycles has fixed it woop.. it was a butterfly value from the ecu that was solid shut.. and now its better than it has ever been woop
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie