Out & about.

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Red Mist
On the Road

Out & about.

Post by Red Mist »

I'm a bit fed up of seeing all these bikes blatting about in the hot sunshine, so thought I'd contribute some piccies from chilly Blighty.

I went out for a ride this weekend. It was sunny but freezing. I set off for Hawes and decided to take a short cut, only my memory was playing tricks and I took the wrong road. I ended up heading in the wrong direction up a cart track to nowhere. When I got there, it was very nice though.

It was actually a good day out. The sun shone and the roads were deserted. It was like riding in a fridge but I had my thermal grundies on so it wasn't too bad. Eventually got to Hawes about 30 mins later than planned. Not too many bikers out and the ones that I did see were all ignorant gits. What's up with people these days. Anyway, I geve 'em 10 minutes start and still caught up with them before Settle.

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/ ... .jpg[/img]
RaptorJo
On the Road

Re: Out & about.

Post by RaptorJo »

Nice one Red Mist..... you've got a lovely area up there, i've ridden round there a few times, have friends in the area :D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

ooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyy I love the dales/moors/bowland forest spent a week getting lost up and around there a year of two back, totally a Special place. 8)
shame about the other riders red mist -miserable bastids. I like to think they're just the exception that proves the rule :wink:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyy I love the dales/moors/bowland forest spent a week getting lost up and around there a year of two back, totally a Special place. 8)
shame about the other riders red mist -miserable bastids. I like to think they're just the exception that proves the rule :wink:
Glad you like it round here. The roads arn't the best for biking actually - the faster roads get clogged with traffic when the weather is good, and the smaller roads are a bit nadgery for a big bike and get covered in crud. The scenery is nice though.

I went over the Forest of Bowland the previous weekend. It was a bit damp and cold, but I reckoned that it was as good as we were going to get. So I set off, and a mile later I was in thick fog! I carried on for a bit, but it was all a bit joyless. I got as far as Clitheroe and decided to reach for higher ground and set off towards the Trough (which is actually up in the hills). Anyway, as I climbed up, I got above the clouds and it was quite nice for a bit... until I dropped down the other side and I was back in the fog again.

Anyway, here's a pic to show what I mean.

As for my fellow bikers, I'm afraid thay arn't the exception round here. But I'll save that rant for another time.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

ugh fog :(

OOk am getting homesick now :cry:

born and brought up north of manchester this was always my favourite place for a day out
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ilanraptor
On the Road

Post by ilanraptor »

nice view bro...red is always attractive. :roll:
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Nice one... just waiting for the snow to go and stay away then I will re tax the rappy, as where I live its terrible.. the little flutter from yest turned in to an inch outside my drive..

Have only been up that side of the coats once on the bike.. usually do snake pass adn that way or up the east coast
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

mandie82 wrote:55 years agoNice one... just waiting for the snow to go and stay away then I will re tax the rappy, as where I live its terrible.. the little flutter from yest turned in to an inch outside my drive..

Have only been up that side of the coats once on the bike.. usually do snake pass adn that way or up the east coast
There's some really brilliant roads over towards the East coast. Give us a shout when you get your bike on the road. If mine's not disintegrated under all the salt by then, we can meet up somewhere if you like. Don't think that you'll be too far from me as I'm in East Lancs.
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Not far at all.. I'm near Halifax.. will deffo give you a shout when I sort her out :D
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Went for a run to The Sun yesterday, the Sun in question being the pub near Harrogate.

Weather stayed bright if very cold. There was also a lot of loose grit down the middle of the road which meant that I was still a bit twitchy on the corners, despite my best intentions to put a bit of wear on the tread of my tyre away from the centreline.

I'll try and take a picture of the bike from a different angle next time.