Notts/Derbyshire border newbie

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
rollingthunder
On the Road

Notts/Derbyshire border newbie

Post by rollingthunder »

Hi there

just swapped my honda firestorm for a raptor 650 on a 51 plate, much slower but damn fun to ride, cant believe how i can get it over. Picked the bike up rode it home from Doncaster and then found that the thing had nil coolant not even in the rad, so the guy who thinks i was gonna post the set of standard cans for the storm can come and get them himself.

The bike has a slight misfire at steady revs, but if the rest of the consumables are in the same neglected state as the coolant chain and sprockets then i'm guessing they're fubar.

Oh well you live and learn, bike is being serviced at the mo, will post some pics when i get it back and let you know if anything has improved the misfire.

Anything in particular i should look for?? oh and anyone recommend a set of replacement mirrors as the round ones arent doing it for me....

Oh yeah, have a beer on me
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Notts/Derbyshire border newbie

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the Asylum!

Nice to hear you are getting her sorted and hope it all comes good for you, they are huge grin machines when running well ;)

Oh and I'll have a Margeurita please :D
Twisted Tequila Sister
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

failte and another glass of champers ta!
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in - large rum and black please

misfire? is that at 3000 revs? they all do that sir ;) but you will find many chapterites have found many ways to solve it :twisted:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Hello there matey!

Welcome!!!

I'll have a John Smiths please. Cheers!
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
rollingthunder
On the Road

Post by rollingthunder »

snapdragon wrote:Welcome in - large rum and black please

misfire? is that at 3000 revs? they all do that sir ;) but you will find many chapterites have found many ways to solve it :twisted:
mm yeah could well be 3000 it's almost like a dodgy plug, tbh im probably being picky but i notice everything on any vehicle drives my mates mad......

what should the top speed be on the bike normally, it felt pretty rapid low down but took an age to get from 85 - 100 i didnt get any further than that as like i said the chain was awful.......

Daz
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Welcome.

I'll have another Guiness please :D

Not sure on the 650, but the 1000 has the timing retarded in the first 3 gears. Suzuki did it to the engines to stop us enjoying the full wheelie experiance. It causes a little hiccup at 3k revs. Its simple to remove the retarding, just get a TRE. Like i say though you'll need to check this is actually the case on the 650.

Si
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE