wizard
On the Road

Modded Rap.

Post by wizard »

Bet this will upset the purists !!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
rap.jpg
rap.jpg (230.62 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
If in danger, if in doubt....Run in circles,..scream and shout !
Magnum
On the Road

Re: Modded Rap.

Post by Magnum »

wizard wrote:55 years agoBet this will upset the purists !!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very nice, love the headlights.
What are they,from where did you get em?
/M
Cruisers are best enjoyed on the water!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I dont think we have any purists here - Raptor riders tend not to be the type to measure spokes and "tut" about non standard :mrgreen:

Very nice!
Twisted Tequila Sister
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

ooooh like it :mrgreen:
few Qs - what are the mirrors? how do the indicators fit? did you have to hacksaw much?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I do like those mirrors, but I'm a shiny shiny sort :D
Not sure about the indies, and although I've always liked the look of twin lamps on a bike, I've always heard they aren't so good at providing much needed illumination of the road, I'd be interested in how they perform compared to standard.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
wizard
On the Road

Post by wizard »

Magnum wrote:55 years ago
wizard wrote:55 years agoBet this will upset the purists !!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very nice, love the headlights.
What are they,from where did you get em?
/M

Headlights are after-market "Streetfighter" lamps....I bought them off a friend for £20.....They're available on Ebay for £50 or £60 new.....Brackets are homemade.....Thanks for your encouraging comment.... :)
wizard
On the Road

Post by wizard »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoooooh like it :mrgreen:
few Qs - what are the mirrors? how do the indicators fit? did you have to hacksaw much?

Thanks for the positive comment on my bike...The mirrors were bought off Ebay 3 or 4 years ago for £20.....Indicators are fitted on existing framework on the front, and to the homemade rear- light cluster.......I hade to cut quite a lot of the original fairing to accommodate the twin headlights- It still needs some "finishing" to make everything a bit neater.... :)
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Looks good!

The fairing and lights remind me of one of the tripods off the "War of the worlds" flick :)

or is it just me being weird :oops:

:lol:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I don't think that there are any purists on here. I run twin front lights myself, but they're stacked. They're not fantastic, but they give as much light as my previous Kwack 750, so they'll do.

The main thing that I worry about is that in bad light, car drivers probably see this little light in their mirror and think that there is a scooter behind them. I doubt that they expect to have a bike thundering past gong 50 mph faster than then a split second later. I am a bit more cautious (than usual) at night if only because I know that I probably look like a much smaller bike when viewed from the front.
Treffynnon
On the Road

Post by Treffynnon »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoThe main thing that I worry about is that in bad light, car drivers probably see this little light in their mirror and think that there is a scooter behind them. I doubt that they expect to have a bike thundering past gong 50 mph faster than then a split second later. I am a bit more cautious (than usual) at night if only because I know that I probably look like a much smaller bike when viewed from the front.
You really give car drivers that much credit? Look in a mirror - oh really? If they even noticed you were there in the first place I highly doubt the scooter/bike thought process ever even gets run. A fellow motorcyclist in their cage might think this stuff, but otherwise :roll:

Anyway I might be feeling a tad cynical after having been struck by a taxi on my push bike this morning. Yes there is a bicycle lane and yes you are obliged to give way! :evil:
Edcar
On the Road

Post by Edcar »

I'm upset....

call me a purist.

But hey, if you like it who am I to disapprove. :wink:
V Raptor 1000: Red & Wild