who said italian bikes rot?? oh wait ?? they do!,but cheap

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
notgrumpy
On the Road

who said italian bikes rot?? oh wait ?? they do!,but cheap

Post by notgrumpy »

bought it for less than a weeks wages,and it did need some work before it even got to the stage you see below ...hours cleaning and degreasing(i honestly thought the wheels were black?) and a few wiring issues sorted.... and secondhand rear master cylinder from mito (fleabay) rear and front wheel bearings,head-race bearings and got rid of heated handlebar grips and hand blisters,clutch switch sorted and cured the running problems,super glue and aroldite are in most plastics,just the front mudguard undamaged,and a new xring chain,although the man said hes just put a brand new chain on?? yes he had...from a roller shutter door maybe but no bike shop would sell such a cheap non oring chain for a moped let alone this? oh ? and it came with a pc111 usb from tl1000s,i have receipt and cd, now don't laugh but looooook.....Image
[/img]
snapdragon

Re: who said italian bikes rot?? oh wait ?? they do!,but cheap

Post by snapdragon »

They don't rot when they gets a little intelligent TLC, she'll be great and a weeks pay?? worth it in anyones money :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

A week's pay ????

Depends how much you earn I suppose - not a footballer are you ?
notgrumpy
On the Road

Post by notgrumpy »

im no footballer,i may look like a football but earn an average wage,it was very cheap,so cheap i even had money left over to feed the kids.lmao
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

A superb buy then. It's amazing how much you can save if you are prepared to put in some elbow grease yourself.
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

notgrumpy wrote:55 years ago
,just the front mudguard undamaged
Summat not right there,........ my front mudguard was the FIRST bit to commit suicide. :roll:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
notgrumpy
On the Road

Post by notgrumpy »

weirdo wrote:55 years ago
notgrumpy wrote:55 years ago
,just the front mudguard undamaged
Summat not right there,........ my front mudguard was the FIRST bit to commit suicide. :roll:
yes i agree? its got me confused to? not a single scratch???? both cases on the engine have been changed too so it has been down the road both sides (see exhaust)and the gen cover has been opened with an axe and large blunt object.....mmmm ? upright crashing... is there such a thing..maybe he got stuck between two cars in london?
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Looks like you got yourself a bargain grin machine there. As long as she starts when you want, stops when you want, and goes where you want, the pretty stuff can wait, (unless you don't really HAVE to feed the kids) :wink: worth considering !! :twisted:

Is the engine black or are the pics deceiving?? Can't say i've seen a rap with a black engine :?:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
trix
On the Road

Post by trix »

notgrumpy wrote:55 years agobought it for less than a weeks wages,and it did need some work before it even got to the stage you see below ...hours cleaning and degreasing(i honestly thought the wheels were black?) and a few wiring issues sorted.... and secondhand rear master cylinder from mito (fleabay) rear and front wheel bearings,head-race bearings and got rid of heated handlebar grips and hand blisters,clutch switch sorted and cured the running problems,super glue and aroldite are in most plastics,just the front mudguard undamaged,and a new xring chain,although the man said hes just put a brand new chain on?? yes he had...from a roller shutter door maybe but no bike shop would sell such a cheap non oring chain for a moped let alone this? oh ? and it came with a pc111 usb from tl1000s,i have receipt and cd, now don't laugh but looooook.....Image
[/img]
with the japanese SV-motor & a good driver who takes care of it, this bike NEVER rot ;)

nice monster look you got there

edit : or..uhm
Last edited by trix on |July 14th, 2010|, 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

trix wrote:55 years ago
with the japanese SV-motor & a good driver who takes care of it, this bike NEVER rot ;)

Ha ha ha.... It's a Suzuki engine :roll:
notgrumpy
On the Road

Post by notgrumpy »

weirdo wrote:55 years agoLooks like you got yourself a bargain grin machine there. As long as she starts when you want, stops when you want, and goes where you want, the pretty stuff can wait, (unless you don't really HAVE to feed the kids) :wink: worth considering !! :twisted:

Is the engine black or are the pics deceiving?? Can't say i've seen a rap with a black engine :?:
it really was/is that manky but its silver underneath the corrosion and dirt although the clutch cover is black and says suzuki?? theres a lot ive got to do but i like it so far so may invest a bit of money and enjoy this 1
trix
On the Road

Post by trix »

Fausto wrote:55 years ago
trix wrote:55 years ago

Ha ha ha.... It's a Suzuki engine :roll:

oh didnt you know?

Enjoy & drive safe
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

Sorry. I meant that as it's a Suzuki engine it is guaranteed to rot within days of seeing a cloud pass before the sun.
Suzuki make some superb engines but they aim to be cheap and it shows cosmetically.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Fausto wrote:55 years agoSorry. I meant that as it's a Suzuki engine it is guaranteed to rot within days of seeing a cloud pass before the sun......
Hush - don't tell mine, she's no bad for her age and mileage, and she's out all weathers
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>