bomberh69
On the Road

Anyone tried one of these?

Post by bomberh69 »

Treffynnon
On the Road

Re: Anyone tried one of these?

Post by Treffynnon »

From reading the description of the item I would say it is worthless. It is simply tricking the ECU sensors into thinking that the bike needs more fuel. Flipping dip switches in this way is never going to give you enough granularity.

This belief seems to be back up by some people in the Kwaka Versys forums http://goo.gl/8zpE

I have worked with fuel injection and mapping before when I owned an Alfa V6 to which I fitted a MegaSquirt DIY ECU and programmed it using a Palm/Handspring Visor. I would personally never bother to use something like this NitroX because whilst cheap it will be as ineffective as changing an air filter or sticking a fast road exhaust on the bike. The additional HP freed from the motor will be negligible.

Save for a PCIII or MicroSquirt and get yourself a wideband sensor so you can watch air/fuel ratio in the exhaust (Innovate make a nice one http://goo.gl/Aphu).

Short of internal changes to the engine or a compressor you're not going to have a noticeable power increase on the dyno either way.
bomberh69
On the Road

Post by bomberh69 »

Thanks mate
exposuredesigns
On the Road

Post by exposuredesigns »

My wife's FZ6 had one of these when we bought it. I have moved all the switches to "0" to remove any fuel changes and zip tied it up inside. A complete waste of time and money. As has been said - get a PCIII and a custom map, or a wideband and adjust it yourself from the logs.

I had this setup on my turbo gixxer, and it works a treat - althought you have to spend time to get it right. There are some self learning systems out there, but they have not yet been proven to be effective IMHO.