Invite ...

Do your planning here, and let us know how it went!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Invite ...

Post by dizzyblonde »

I mentioned in one of my threads that I was putting a proposal forward for the annual get togther for the SV650 forum, but was waiting for the vote to be cast. I can now say Yorkshire won the vote, and things are now in the early stages towards our bash next year.
Here is where we're hopefull having it.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=156226

I know our numbers are few on here, and I know some have fancied a meet up, camp and a few beers together, so I invite you along to this event. Its nowt special, camping and beer, but on the Saturday we get up nice and early, and go on an organised ride for the day, of usually around 150 miles of the area. I will say its not a hooning ride, as in recent years the event has turned out over 100 bikes of so many differing riding abilities, but it usually takes in some pretty awesome roads of what ever region has to offer. We've been all over, from Wales to Essex to Somerset, and each year its been very successful.
Dates have not been set yet, they go to vote. So if anyone is interested I will update later.

:revrev: :ride:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Invite ...

Post by Crap Tartan »

Looks like the perfect weekend to get the big rap (if its finished!!!) and her little rap out for a jolly.

Got any dates in mind yet? (I work 4on/4off so it makes the diff).

I`m sure she (Mel) would insist on B&B or a bunkhouse at the very least!

Martin
nil illigitimae carborundum
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Not as yet, the SV.org is a civilised place, it'll go to vote. Things we have to consider is which weekends the campsite is fully booked, as we like a field for our sole use, race meets, MotoGP, school hols....you get the picture.
The last couple of years its ended up being around the beginning of August.
There are 6 B&B rooms on site, and a few bunkhouses of 4 or 6 beds, also there are a few other B&Bs in the area...although not walking distance.

As I say, I'll update, when things get shifting, just thought it would be nice to invite some of you along!
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Thank you for thinking of us... when you know the dates I'll see if I can make it! :ride: :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Mighty Mariner
On the Road

Post by Mighty Mariner »

Looks quite civilised.
August ? Is that when the sun comes out and the wooly vest comes off?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Well done Dizz, good luck with the vote mate. :happyhappy:

BIKES!! BEER!! TENTS!! WAHAAAYYY !!! :thumbsup:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I can hardly refuse - it's only about 20 miles up the road from me! Never actually been in the place but it looks pretty good.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

The Annual Rideout 2011 for the SV650.org will be on the 5-7th Aug.
here

http://www.dalesbridge.co.uk/

As said before its nowt special, but a good reason to come and have a few bevvies and a ride for the weekend :) Would love for a few of you guys to come and join me!

If you would like to come, please do not call the centre and book a tent pitch as you will incur a fee. Monies will be collected on arrival from probably me!
Just let me know here if you will be coming. :ride:

The Saturday has an organised ride through the Dales.it does attract a large number of bikes, with varying abilities. Its usually of around 150 miles, with built in stops for petrol and food, and is run by a marker system so you won't get lost. I will say now, its not a fast ride by anyones standards, usually because getting 70 + bikes there and back in one piece is a mammoth task!
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Sh1t!!
looks like I`m away onshift then

still plenty time to try to mess up the shifts so I`m not!!!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

oh thats a tad ploppy!

What is it you do? Are you on riggs or something?
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agooh thats a tad ploppy!

What is it you do? Are you on riggs or something?
yeah agree (whatever ploppy is!!!)

Like the rigs (4 weeks on/ 4weeks off) but on the island of St Kilda in the Atlantic!

Some say its not "rocket science" but actually it is!!!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years ago Some say its not "rocket science" but actually it is!!!
that sounds like fun :suspect:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I should be able to get there. Don't know if I'll be up for the Sunday ride out, but Saturday night at the bar sounds like good fun.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

In fact, the ride out is on Saturday, so I'm definitely not up for the Sunday ride out. :?
Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI should be able to get there. Don't know if I'll be up for the Sunday ride out, but Saturday night at the bar sounds like good fun.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

LOL well usually there is talk of a Sunday rideout, for those with a bit more of an adventurous head....but it usually goes into obscurity after the night before :drunk: :sick: