A bundy toast to all the raptor lovers, from Aussieland

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
weirdo
On the Road

Re: A bundy toast to all the raptor lovers, from Aussieland

Post by weirdo »

Raptoress wrote:55 years agothanks for the welcome !

my hubby's main ride is an old (1982) Z1100 shaft drive Kwaka, he loves it ! he also has two Z1300 shaft drives, one for spare as they are really hard to get parts for. we also have a Z900 and a Z1000.

we do love the Kawasaki's, ....

You don't say! :lol:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Best Raptor Roads in South East Queensland: Mudgeeraba/Springbrook Road(the best bit) starting at Mudgeeraba(continue to the end to best of all lookout, worth the detour and the 350 metre walk), turn right(left) onto Pine Creek Rd/Spingbrook-Gold Coast Road, right onto Nerang-Murwillumbah Road, left onto Beechmont Road, left onto Pine Street/Beaudesert-Nerang Road, and right onto Mt Tamborine road (mmmm, hairpins!!!) and on to Tamborine then home from there. Wallaby Hotel/Motel at Mudgeera has reasonably nice rooms for $100 a night. The local council has resufaced the corners on Springbrook-mudgeeraba road and Beechmont Road, and are silky smooth(my 650 tank slaps on the lean when it hits big bumps). Springbrook-Mudgeeraba road can retain some moisture on the corners in winter and early morning, oh, and I picked up a tick riding through there lol. Noice choice of sickle ;)
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

"my hubby's main ride is an old (1982) Z1100 shaft drive Kwaka, he loves it ! "

I've had a couple of these. Actually bought the first because I thought that it would be easy to chop down into a lowrider. Didn't quite get round to doing that. Rode it for a while then it dropped a couple of valves. Got a complete Z1100 that was a bit tatty to cannibalise and rode that for a bit too.

It was a bit of a sofa to be honest. I called it the Kawapottamus as it was a big wallowy thing. I had a lot of fun on it though. My last bike was a ZR-7. Lovely bike. I miss it at times. The Raptor is a better bike but the Kwack was one of the nicest looking bikes I ever owned.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Red Mist wrote:55 years ago -/- My last bike was a ZR-7. Lovely bike. I miss it at times. The Raptor is a better bike but the Kwack was one of the nicest looking bikes I ever owned.
:thumbsup: we got one of those too
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>