Hello peeps!!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
jasper
On the Road

Hello peeps!!

Post by jasper »

Hi folks from the isle of lewis,where men r men and sheep r nervous.had my raptor for 4 years now and got a real love/hate relationship with it.had loads o different plant over the years and got bored very quick but raptor seems to be staying.finally got round to joining up after a mate suggested it would be a good idea,have the usual niggles with the bike 3000 revs flatspot etc and found some of the comments interesting.one other thing i have had bother with was the flap on the air box becoming disconnected from the actuator,managed to prevent this by fitting a small circlip to the end of the flap mechanism.fitted loads o carbon too (thanks santa)from scarlatti's ,so got some spare body bits if anyones interested,not in great shape but usable,bit like me!! catcha's later.jas
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Hello peeps!!

Post by Crap Tartan »

hey Jas!

used to live up in Benbecula for many years so know all about girlfri.................. sheep!! :lol: :lol:

You know Duggie in Stornoway with two blades and various others, used to work with him?

Still and islander kinda as I still work on St Kilda (here now!)

anyways welcome in and its customary in these parts to offer a wee swally when dipping your toe............
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in Jasper - errm not in the bar so I'll have a bottle of cider to go thanks :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agowelcome in Jasper - errm not in the bar so I'll have a bottle of cider to go thanks :)
Don't worry Snap, He's a Scot, (soon be in the bar when it's someone else's round) :lol:

Hello Jasper, Welcome in mate :thumbsup:

What do you reckon to the Scarlatti carbon?
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Welcome to the asylum :shock: Mine is a Cider please :beer:
Bit of a Muppet
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Welcome - always good to have another nutter join :lol:

bet the carbon looks luvly - have been tempted to go for it myself as it looks sooo pretty 8)

as your buying think a long vodka with dash of lemonade pleeez
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome... did I hear someone mention alcohol?... :thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
jasper
On the Road

Re: Re:Hello again,

Post by jasper »

been busy buildin a chop,fun and games tryin to shoehorn in gubbins.nice t hear from a few like minded alco,sorry alright people,just snafflin a box of wine.Carbon from scarlattis was very good although one locator lug on the side panel was slightly off by about 4 mil,other than that it has a lovely finish.It took about 6 weeks in all to arrive but thats due to where i live and the pigeons are slow at this time of year.
If u are in ma neck o the woods crap tartan give us a shout and we will sort out that swallie,can't be that fun out on kilda just now,puffins and nuffin !!,when i get a chance i will stick a couple o pictures of the "trap-door" on the forum but am a complete luddite when it comes to computers,anyway back to the wine cheers,Jas !