Gear selector part needed, help!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
cF^
On the Road

Gear selector part needed, help!

Post by cF^ »

I'm trying to find out where I can get a part for the raptor. Someone made a bodge repair to a part which has now sadly failed, leaving me with a bike which can't select gears very well.

The part in question I'm looking for is the arm which connects the gear selection rod to the gearbox. It's a small metal arm with a kink in it and a screw to tighten it up to the bit which protudes from the gearbox (sorry for lack of technical knowledge here)
Does anyone know if this is Suzuki or Cagiva and where I can get one! I'm meant to be off on the bike for the weekend but plans have had to be called off due to this. Crap :(
Not found what I'm looking for on ebay but maybe I'm unaware of the correct term.
Thanks for any help :)
cF^
On the Road

Re: Gear selector part needed, help!

Post by cF^ »

What I'm after is something like part 25 on here - http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/Oem ... 608100020A

but not sure if thats exactly the right one, what with mine being broken :)
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Robinsons Foundry is great for Suzuki (TL100) parts but reckon the bits you need are not Suzuki!

Howewer, I recently fiited rearsets to my Rap and have a complete gear lever/ linkage assembly if fine condition!

PM me for info etc. if interested...............
nil illigitimae carborundum
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Hmm, you think it's a cagiva bit?

I've got RBT rearsets on my bike but assumed this part was not rearset related. You think it might be? I'll go check the RBT site now.
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Uploading pic of the bit I need. Can't tell if it's specific to the rearsets but I don't think so. Any advice would be welcome, sooner I get it back on the road the better :)
Attachments
raptorpart.jpg
raptorpart.jpg (63.43 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

That part looks like a standard raptor arm, not sure if TL1000 is the same but dont think so!

Check with Robinsons foundry as they have all the TL parts list and diagrams onsite.

From your earlier description I thought it was the shaft that runs from the gear selector arm to gear lever. That can be rearset related depending on your rearsets. That selector arm looks standard but it is possible its with the rearsets???
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

cF^ wrote:55 years agoWhat I'm after is something like part 25 on here - http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/Oem ... 608100020A

but not sure if thats exactly the right one, what with mine being broken :)

Is the bit you want not parts 23/24 then?
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Can't get that link to work any more so no idea but probably? :)

Looking at the Robinsons foundry parts fiche I'm guessing that it isn't a TL part :(
I'm looking at the right bike though right? - http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/conte ... ifting.htm

On that one it's part 23/24 anyway :)
So what now, if its cagiva specific, I'm slightly fu**** really. Makes sense why someone tried to repair it. Is there such a thing as cagiva breakers? I'm guessing cagiva dealers can't order parts for bikes no longer in production? Could a garage perhaps weld it back together to fix it? Advice welcome :)
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

that fiche is the same one from that earlier link and yes, its for the right bike (TL1000s)

Part 23 may well be differant than the raptor part but should fit the gear selector shaft and with the rearset linkage being adjustable you should easily be able to adjust length to make it fit to the new selector arm. For £30 odd quid its worth a punt or even see if you can find a secondhand one on ebay or the like.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Whats actually wrong with the part you have? But as CT said prob any suzi v1000 arm would do as you seem to have plenty of room. The main difference might be length so longer lever travel(easier to press) if long and shorter travel(harder to press) if short as long as the levers have nothing to catch on and enough adjustment on rod.
Bit of a Muppet
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Cheers for the replies. My only concern with a TL part is that it might not have the kink in it which brings the arm in line with the rod, meaning the rod would be at an angle and probably harder to use (possibly?)

Got onto forza italia to see if they can source me a part, will see what they return.
cheers for all the help so far. Bloody italian bikes eh? pfft :mrgreen:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

the TL part requires a lot of adjustment (bending) of other bits to fit the cagiva properly I know as I have one and now have the right part,

apols for shortness, going back to read properly now
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

cF^ wrote:55 years agoCheers for the replies. My only concern with a TL part is that it might not have the kink in it which brings the arm in line with the rod, meaning the rod would be at an angle and probably harder to use (possibly?)
-/:
true, it doesn't have the right 'kink', making the rod is at the end of travel (both ends) and the gear lever harder to use

I got mine from OEM P&P is a lots
SnappY
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

but I still have the TL part if you want to try it cF^
SnappY
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Crap, not what I wanted to hear. Where did you get your part from then?
Cheers