Exhaust

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Shwat
On the Road

Exhaust

Post by Shwat »

Would it be possible to fit a Raptor 1000 exhaust to the 650 without damaging the engine/losing performance?
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Re: Exhaust

Post by Aussiejoe »

Doubt very much if it'd fit mate, and the 650 pipes are made to suit. If you see this thread

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =15&t=3555

Pod mentions it in his first post
Shwat
On the Road

Post by Shwat »

Hmm yea I guess. Just seen some thou exhausts on eBay and they look nicer than mine. Previous owner dropped it on both sides and there is dents/scratches on them
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

I've spoken to a local car performance exhaust manufacturer here and he can grind off the welds at each end, and replace the skin for me. He has an automatic tig/gtaw welder so he'll be able to do welds of similar quality to the original ones. I'm looking at getting mine shortened down to just past where the mounting bracket is, but I just have to see what the baffles are like inside as I don't want it to be too noisy. I've looked at some 650 ones on the internet, just about everything I've seen has been scratched/dented/marked. These look alright though

http://www.ebay.it/itm/COPPIA-MARMITTE- ... 2315071d37

Other option mate is just a new set of slip ons.
roadrunner
On the Road

Post by roadrunner »

Megacycle made a nice set exhaust cans for my 2001 650 Raptor. they reduced the unsprung weight and improved the power.Have had them on about 9 years and still look great and have fantastic sound.They are in Cheltenham Rd, Kesborough. Melbourne, Victoria.
Shwat
On the Road

Post by Shwat »

Unfortunately thats a bit far, I live in UK. Got a pic of the exhausts though? :mrgreen:

Might have a look into that Joe, quite a few garages around here
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

You'll want to go to an exhaust manufacturer mate, if a garage does it they'll hand gas tungsten arc weld(GTAW, know as tungsten inert gas welding(TIG) in Oz) and the welds with look all lumpy and shitty unless they're "really" good at that type of welding. You need to find some one that has an auto GTAWer. I'll just mention I'm a metal fabricator by trade and have done a bit of that type of welding on stainless steel, but I'd rather pay to get the auto welding done.
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

"Megacycle made a nice set exhaust cans for my 2001 650 Raptor. they reduced the unsprung weight "

Picky but kind of important
I think you mean Sprung weight , unless your cans are going up and down with the wheel.
Stay calm.
alraptor
On the Road

Post by alraptor »

I have some titanium Mivv cans on mine. Sound lovely! Found this link which might help http://www.mivv.it/en/prodotti_apri.asp ... ce_marca=4
Had mine on for about 10yrs tho & bought them second hand via this site, so not sure if there are any bargains out there.