Running rich

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
alan144

Running rich

Post by alan144 »

Hi guys - I've just brought a Cagiva Raptor 1000 - 2005
It's running rich (black sooty plugs and spluttery running). It has a K&N filter, power commander3 and staintune pipes. I've removed the power commander, put the standard pipes back on it but it still runs rich (maybe lightly worst - BTW yes the filter is pretty clean and i've run injector cleaner through the tank). What should I look at next? - Alternatively anyone know of a good mechanic (someone whos going to know what to do - not guess) in Sydney NSW
Cheers
Alan
snapdragon

Re: Running rich

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in Alan144, :)

if the bike had been set up properly using the power commander to suit the K&N and the staintunes then it should have been running right at that set-up. :?

mayhap your best bet now would be to find a Suzuki shop that has the cagiva plug-in to set up the standard raptor on the Yoshi injection box
otherwise refit the PC and load the right map?
I tried but couldn't be doing with the PC on mine so reverted to Yoshi setup (being a techNumpty)

I'm a couple of oceans away, so can't advise on your local mechanics but we have members on here from Aus - hopefully near enough to be able to help / advise
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Running rich

Post by shedmonkey »

I think you are going to need a mechanic .Is there any blue smoke? . It could be one of a few things .Are both plugs black or just one (if its one it could be a duff injector) if both then a sensor could be duff tricking ecu into thinking it needs more fuel you could go through all the sensors(maybe air temp engine temp or even throttle position sensor) checking that they are working in normal range(a bit technical but not too bad if you are familliar with a multimeter) Are there any errors fi flashing on speedo?
Bit of a Muppet