Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

I just bought V-Raptor and I would like to update it with some plastic bits. Anyone know reliable place to order parts ? I want bellypan and seat cowl with that little triangle thing on it. That triangle seat piece is very hard to find, I hope someone can help me. :)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Newbie

Post by shebee »

welcome in... excelent choice! Some one with more knowledge of what is available should be along soon ;)
Twisted Tequila Sister
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Yes welcome. Sorry cant help with plastics but as shebee said someone will be able to help :nod:
Bit of a Muppet
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Plastics can be problematic, standard seat cowl are rare to find, ebay etc for secondhand ones is best but they dont come up often and fetch good money!
You can get them in CF but they are not cheap, try searching for emoto or scarlatti as they used to do them in CF.

bellypans are easier, look on ebay or powerbronze/skidmarx/pyramid plastics, remember ones from Suzuki TLS or SV will probably also fit so gives you more choice. They can be had in CF or GRP and plastic.

Best of luck.................
nil illigitimae carborundum
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoPlastics can be problematic, standard seat cowl are rare to find, ebay etc for secondhand ones is best but they dont come up often and fetch good money!
You can get them in CF but they are not cheap, try searching for emoto or scarlatti as they used to do them in CF.
emoto and scarlatti sell just "basic seat cowl" ? Any ideas where I can get that triangle piece on it ? I want it... :D
Do you recommend any other mods that I should do to my bike ?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in :D

Not sure where you can get the little triangular cushion from sorry

apologies for your posts being slow to show - I think it's due to the forum wanting first posts to be in the 'virtual bar' section so each and every post up the first handful have to wait to be approved
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

the triangular bit is only vinyl covered expanded foam or some such material.
I reckon would be easy to make one the same as the original or even better make something from yer own head!

I have a seat cowl modded from a Triumph street triple and love to do non-standard mods.

As to what to recommend????
depends what look/style/ differance you are after.
if its just cosmetic changes then entirely up to the individual but if you want to upgrade/modify or increase performance then it depends on the size of your pockets and what you are eventually trying to achieve.........................................
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoapologies for your posts being slow to show - I think it's due to the forum wanting first posts to be in the 'virtual bar' section so each and every post up the first handful have to wait to be approved
Doesn't matter, don't have that kind of rush.
Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agothe triangular bit is only vinyl covered expanded foam or some such material.
I reckon would be easy to make one the same as the original or even better make something from yer own head!

As to what to recommend????
depends what look/style/ differance you are after.
if its just cosmetic changes then entirely up to the individual but if you want to upgrade/modify or increase performance then it depends on the size of your pockets and what you are eventually trying to achieve.........................................
Performance mods interests of course... Easy hp you know :mrgreen: Also adjustable suspension is in my mind and I've seen people switching original swinarm to rsvs... Been long winter :oops:
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

I have yam R1 front end, RSV swinger and Hagon shocker, engine is fast enough standard for a naked bike, everything else is just cosmetic.......................
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoI have yam R1 front end, RSV swinger and Hagon shocker
Do those make big difference ? RSV swinger looks great ! :thumbsup:

Haven't ever owned bike with adjustable suspension but idea of my own setting interests... Can you make big difference in handling by adjusting ?

Thanks all for help, I think I start with ordering some "plastics" and other small stuff... And when winter comes begin something bigger modifications... like suspension mods.
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

RSV swinger looks good and feel more rigid and solid. With the adjustable shocker its set more for comfort for me as dont do track days anymore. It all depends how you ride and how good you want it to corner. Differances are not huge but they are certainly noticeable. its a question of getting a comfortable balance between front/back.
If you get it wrong the bike will feel awful and corner very badly.
Look at belly pans for an SV as they tend to look a bit more aggressive I reckon.

The adjustable front forks make the most differance as the standard front end is a bit wooden.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Is there any forks which goes straight into original triple trees ?