Rear brake failure!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Rear brake failure!

Post by Crap Tartan »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agopost posted 8)
yer a star!!!! :happyhappy:
nil illigitimae carborundum
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

and parcel arrived today, Snap!

many thanks and will reward you next weekend :wink:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

steady :shock:

you're welcome CT, fingers crossed all goes well
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

as far as i know brembo wont sell parts in the uk only complete cylinders or calipers ,you can get them from the usa or europe though if you do a search using the part numbers.

i have just bought a master cylinder repair kit for my elefant from germany €34 inc postage its a bit dear but elefant master cylinders for my model are like rocking horse poop.

anyway good luck ct
Bit of a Muppet
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Back brake all fixed now! Rebuilt the calliper thanks to Snap who supplied me with seals and fitted a new master cylinder cost £45 delivered.
Reverse bled the brake first then mounted the calliper in workbench and bled as normal.

Job done! Just love the folk on here, help info parts and damn good craic!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:revrev: :thumbsup: :evil:
SnappY
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

So just the one shot of tequila then Snap?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoSo just the one shot of tequila then Snap?

Moi?? I signed the pledge
:lol:
SnappY
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Well I took the Raptor out for a spin at the weekend (mainly because the SV was broken) and lo and behold no bake brake, again! :x Now the rear brake has never been much cop in my eyes but the fact yet again it's not working at all has narked me a bit.
It worked ok last time I took it out a month or so ago (Sv was broken then as well).

Generally speaking, What is the problem with the rear brake? Is it the MC? The caliper? It's getting to the point now where I'm thinking of getting a new bracket made up and fitting a different caliper and MC!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

dirtydog wrote:55 years agoWell I took the Raptor out for a spin at the weekend (mainly because the SV was broken) and lo and behold no bake brake, again! :x Now the rear brake has never been much cop in my eyes but the fact yet again it's not working at all has narked me a bit.
It worked ok last time I took it out a month or so ago (Sv was broken then as well).

Generally speaking, What is the problem with the rear brake? Is it the MC? The caliper? It's getting to the point now where I'm thinking of getting a new bracket made up and fitting a different caliper and MC!

I've had no problems with the back brake, but it does not get used too much on my bikes. You say "no back brake again" so what repairs did you do last time? It may just need a strip, clean and new seals. I'm planning to rebuild mine later this year, as I've not really touched it since I got the bike, apart from removing the pads and pumping out the pistons now and again.
152/999
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

The first time I stripped, cleaned and replaced the seals in the MC and cleaned up the caliper.
Second time I replaced the caliper with a known good one (I nicked off my Tornado before I sold it) and fitted a used MC, new disc and pads

I've tried the reverse bleeding thing and have also had the caliper tied up to the pillion seat to bleed it and even then the back brake has never been particularly good