Speed, RPM, chain and sprockets calculator

General spannery stuff
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Speed, RPM, chain and sprockets calculator

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

Came across this cool gearing calculator… and it includes Raptors!!!! I couldn't find any previous mention of this site here. Apologies if it is old news.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

(The reason for coming across it will become apparent with my next posting :shock: Hint: I'm thinking of upping the front sprocket to 17T.)
spank36
On the Road

Re: Speed, RPM, chain and sprockets calculator

Post by spank36 »

17 tooth, you're crazy!
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

Err… well, I did buy the sprocket but still haven't fitted it (I just tell myself that I'm saving it for a special occasion :( ). My personal view is that the lowest gears are pretty low and one extra tooth may be interesting, given the flat torque curve of the 1000 above 3000rpm. If I ever get around to fitting it I'll comment further.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Bear of Little Brain wrote:55 years agoErr… well, I did buy the sprocket but still haven't fitted it (I just tell myself that I'm saving it for a special occasion :( ). My personal view is that the lowest gears are pretty low and one extra tooth may be interesting, given the flat torque curve of the 1000 above 3000rpm. If I ever get around to fitting it I'll comment further.
Changing from stock gearing is a good idea. Its the worst combo if you want your chain and sprockets to last
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
spank36
On the Road

Post by spank36 »

The raptor will pull it now worries for sure. I thought the stock gearing was quote good but I went a 15 on the front because I like wheelstands :-)