Hi.

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Grumpy
On the Road

Hi.

Post by Grumpy »

Evening all. I bought a second hand Raptor in the summer and have enjoyed ripping up the Italian tarmac for the last couple of months, now winter has arrived it sits waiting for the odd nice day to get back out on the road, riding here in the storms we get is no fun...Mud slides, roads washed out etc...
Anyway just saying hello and I need some advice or info on a running problem that seems to have developed over the last month or so. So i will put this question up in the appropriate place....Meanwhile, thanks for the add. :)
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Hi.

Post by Crap Tartan »

Welcome in and are you actually in Italy then?

Most problems have been covered at some point so fire away......................
nil illigitimae carborundum
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

Ello :happyhappy:
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome aboard Grumpy, having a rap and not the weather to go out on it would make me grumpy too! Hope your mood improves, and your weather. :happyhappy:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in Grumpy :thumbsup:

delay in your post with a pic attached showing = forum rules for attachments - it'll settle down one you have a few more posts
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

OK...So yup I live in Italy...Home of the Raptor, not that you see that many of them here, still probably a few more than you might see on the roads of the UK or anywhere else for that matter...I believe the Raptor is as rare as hens teeth back in Blighty and the after sales service is conspicuous by its absence. Thank god for the inter-webs and forums and the on line parts businesses.
Getting parts here is a long and slow process, the last thing I ordered from a dealer here took over two weeks to arrive, it would have been quicker to order it online.
By the way when can I get clearance to post pics and vids, thought you guys might like to see a Raptor in its natural habitat. lol. :)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

just another couple of posts and the door should open to you Grumpy

quantity might be low but quality is high (both raptors and riders 8) )

am shocked that you have the same spares problems as we do elsewhere, but mostly for non rap-specific engine type parts Suzuki will do the job and are more widely available.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

OK, as promised a Raptor in its natural environment... :revrev:

Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

"Natural environment" is it?..

Reckon that road looks a bit straight for that to be true......... :thumbsup: 8) :evil: :D

Need a bit better view of bike too!
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

Nothing more natural than having a speed limit and needing to brake it lol.

How about this then?...and the environment gets more natural. 8)

Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Now thats more like it! lol

so is the baby rap standard or you been modding stuff?
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

I bought it as is, but it isn't standard.
Previous owner must have dropped it and the dealer who sold it to me put it back together again using a few non standard parts. Mostly trimmings like handle bars and lights etc. He also replaced the rad, I believe these tend to get whacked quite easily as they stick out a bit...*Note to self, must by sliders*
I want to get the standard bars put back on when I get some spare cash. They are too high and I'm sure the bike would handle better and be more comfortable with the designed bars, although I wouldn't mind swapping the cans for something a little more noisy, still the ones that are standard on the the Raptor still sound better than the original Suzuki Gladius. :)

Its a 2007 bike and had only done 18000k's, so most of its life it was probably garaged. Shame really... this bike needs to be run and run and run but having said that it is in v good condition so I'm not complaining.
So now I've only had it since mid summer I'm still getting to know it. but no doubt at some point some extras will be creeping in over time. Just cant help it. :D
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

yup, upgrading and pimping does become a bit addictive, there aint that much totally original on mine anymore!!

My wife used to have the 650ie and I remember the standard bars on that were quite high compared to the 1000.

I have Arrow titanium cans for sale on ebay for the rap if you are feeling flush??? lol
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hi Grumpy. I wouldn't mine seeing my Rap in its natural habitat, with me on board obviously! Instead of the Apennines, we've got the Pennines. Not quite as spectacular but still pretty good. Been out for a ride today. The cruddy weather meant that there weren't many bikes about. I was riding a lot slower and wobbling round corners but there weren't as many people about to point and laugh at me.
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

I would rather wobble around the corners and take it easy, than risk all for an imagined admiring glance and the chance of losing it on a wet corner and ending up with the bike in a bog and me staring up the wrong end of a sheep. :D