Hi.

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Hi.

Post by shedmonkey »

welcome in. I am well jealous of the scenery and sun you (usually ) have . ps like the raps colour
Bit of a Muppet
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

I have to admit the summers are awesome for ridding, but Wow you see some numb skulls out on the roads then, when the temperatures climb and the safety gear comes off!
I wouldn't dare preach to anybody about what they do on a bike, but common sense should tell most people that driving and ridding in Italy is not the safest occupation if you want to stay free of accidents.
Most bangs, knocks and shunts are low speed, which is great in a cage but not so much fun on two wheels. So even when the temperatures hit the high thirties or more I'm in full gear. Its unbearable some times, but I'm not bloody risking it.
As for the scenery...It's not bad. :mrgreen: ...and the roads up in the mountains, well what can I say. :ride: :D
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Wow, what can I say! More pics!!!

Oh and how doo!!

We are toying with the idea of a Euro tour next year, through Italy onto a boat over to Greece. Your pictures are sorely tempting me into it :ride:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

Here you go then, by popular request... lol :nod:

If you really are interested in more just flick through my Facebook page, there is also a link to a You tube account with a few rides on it. I'm going to put a few more up when the conditions improve out there... Oh and here is a ride out to a favourite location of mine

Anybody got any bike video from the UK or anywhere else for that matter, I get home sick some days. :ride: :D
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

quote I get home sick some days. :ride: :D

are you trying to make friends on here coz thats cruel :shock:
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years ago
I get home sick some days. :ride: :D
are you trying to make friends on here coz thats cruel :shock:
but Mr Shed you live in the most beautiful Cumbria :happyhappy: and Mr Grumpy has said he gets lots of rain - and land/rock slides, which is scary eh? ;)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

You have a new Facebook fan!

The contents of your page really are of interest to me :happyhappy:
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Het Grumpy, we should have warned you about Dizz!
At least if she's stalking you then she aint raking through our bins or tapping out phones...............

:bollocking: :blush: :roll: :evil: :shock: :D :mrgreen:

Fekk knows what happsned with the smileys, Dizz has probably been at them, lol
nil illigitimae carborundum
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Last time I looked I wasn't a Weirdo !
I don't have a mullet and fuzzy facial hair ...

:duel: :nerner:
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

Yay I have a stalker...My first ever. Finally I have arrived on the interwebs. :dance: :D ...and it's all because of a baby Raptor with a fuel problem. :nod:

But seriously I do get homesick some days...I miss the weather, believe it or not... I miss a pint with my mates in the pub, I miss fish and chips or a decent curry or a ride out through the English countryside... and i'm sick to death of bloody pasta. :sick: :mrgreen:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:dance: :dance: great farcebok page :dance: :dance: ... add another stalker to your list ;)
Twisted Tequila Sister
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

Wo Hoo!!! Thanks for the interest. Never expected this... You guys are the best stalkers ever. :thumbsup: :D
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Hey if you invite us over for a visit i will bring a one of our finest takeaway curries and a bottle of theakstons (it will prob be a bit grim by the time it gets down to italy and prob eaten and drank) but its the thought that counts :nod:
Bit of a Muppet
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

"Oh and here is a ride out to a favourite location of mine"

Really enjoyed the ride. Mountains, countryside, sunshine, and great roads. And no traffic!!! You really don't seem to have an awful lot of car drivers getting in your way over there, unlike here where we have lots of awful car drivers.

Whereabouts did you live before you went to Italy?
Grumpy
On the Road

Post by Grumpy »

Lived south of Manchester, but I've lived in so many other places before that, in the UK and elsewhere. I presume most of the Chapter are Brits and live in the UK too. :)

My god Shedmonkey...I haven't seen a bottle of Theakstons for years...Even seeing an empty one so I could at least read the label would be a bloody treat. :o :D