Raptor 1000 Speedo/Rev unit for sale.

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Dave Vee
On the Road

Raptor 1000 Speedo/Rev unit for sale.

Post by Dave Vee »

Hi all.

As part of trying to fix a non functioning 650 Raptor unit I bought a 1000 unit.Well it works but the speedo runs about 75% slower :doh: So I have it for sale.It has about 6000ish miles on it with a white faced rev counter.The outer casing looks like it has melted,this may have been the source of the original problem,I swopped my original for the 1000 one.I fixed my original 650 unit,it had a melted join in the printed circuit board,so will be offered with excellent low mileage unit with damaged casing which is a direct swop/interchangeable payed £60 but wil accept £40,postage dependent on location
PM me for pics.
Thanks Dave.
Dante
On the Road

Re: Raptor 1000 Speedo/Rev unit for sale.

Post by Dante »

So the 1000 tacho works on the 650?
Does it show temperature?
have you checked it?
Thanks!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Dante wrote:55 years agoSo the 1000 tacho works on the 650?
That depends on how you define "works" the 650 and 1000 have different rev ranges, so the rev counter mis-reads and the red line is incorrect. Also the speedo mis-reads.

I don't think you will get the temp reading unless you swap the temp sensor as well, as the 650 is a switch (i.e. the light is either on or off), whereas the 1000 has a variable resistance to give the temp readout.
152/999
Dave Vee
On the Road

Post by Dave Vee »

Hi all.
In the end the 1000 unit I have for sale was not suitable on my 650,so is being sold 1000 Raptor only,my post may have been a bit confusing. :? still new to these bikes nuances.

Dave.
ColleyV12
On the Road

Post by ColleyV12 »

How much posted to fife? Is the case still melted, can you send pics

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Dave Vee
On the Road

Post by Dave Vee »

Hi colleyV12.
If you would like to personal e-mail me I'll send some photos.I think the postage would be around £3.00 to £4.50 Royal mail second class?
Dave...
Dave Vee
On the Road

Post by Dave Vee »

Hi all.
I've put my speedo/rev counter unit up for sale on ebay :roll: item number is 16119176015.

Thanks Dave...