Hello from ozzraptor

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
ozzraptor
On the Road

Hello from ozzraptor

Post by ozzraptor »

Just wanted to say hi all, got myself an xrap on the weekend, did a 2000 klm round trip to pick it up! I am now the second owner of an unmolested raptor but thats about to change. :revrev: I am no stranger to tl engines, i have owned a tlr, 2 tls , 2 sv1000's and a 650. One question while we are here ,planning on ripping out the air valve thingy , will the ecu throw a fault code like sv or just take out and good to go? cheers :happyhappy:
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Hello from ozzraptor

Post by Spyke »

Hallo and welcome, I'll have a large voddy and coke, thanks! :drunk:

Nice bike you've got there. :revrev: :revrev:

Not sure about your ecu question, but I think you might be talking about the pair valve thingo? I chucked "pair valve" into the search box and it came up with four pages of results, so hopefully your question's answered there somewhere! :thumbsup:

Edit1: You're #396, aren't you? (I'm psychic/psycho, depending on the phase of the moon :evil:) That things barely run in, I've done more than 12K km on mine this year!

Edit2: You're lucky you got one with the more sturdy front mudguard, but you might wanna do the snorkel mod, again search is your friend! :mrgreen:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

welcome aboard. i was thinking of trying it but read mixed reviews so didnt bother. But if you try it and its ok let us know.
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:mrgreen: Welcome in

so you tried the rest and now having a go with the better one yeh? :thumbsup:

I'll have a flaming norah with a choc flake thanks :drunk:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Hiya,

Mine runs with no problems with the PAIRS removed, I made a couple of aluminium blank plates to fit to the heads and just make sure you seal/blank off any other hoses/connectors.
152/999
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks for the replies , yes its 396
Last edited by ozzraptor on |April 27th, 2018|, 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago:mrgreen: Welcome in

so you tried the rest and now having a go with the better one yeh? :thumbsup:

I'll have a flaming norah with a choc flake thanks :drunk:
Definitely and while we're here .........I'll have alf :beer:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Miz wrote:55 years agoHiya,

Mine runs with no problems with the PAIRS removed, I made a couple of aluminium blank plates to fit to the heads and just make sure you seal/blank off any other hoses/connectors.
:happyhappy: Awesome looking forward to doing this mod!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoThanks for the replies , yes its 396 , and its still on bikepoint :D I think the bike sounds better with the pair removed, not to mention dumping half a kilo of junk. Never regretted removing the pair valve on my sv1000 . I have already searched snorkel mod and i think it may be worthwhile on this bike since it looks like the airbox is sucking in warm air with those snorkels attatched . There was a mod on the sv1000 snorkel which was not to remove completely but to cut the lower portion off which left the top piece still attatched to suck in fresh air in the gap just under the tank. Cant really do that on this bike but it looks like it will be sucking in cooler air with the snorkel out? Some ram tubes would be nice . Another mod i did was the flapper valve in the airbox, those in the know say not to remove the flappers completely but to drill the plates with 4 holes in each plate , 1-2-1 configuration , it felt like there was a definite improvement in engine response when i did this to my sv1000 , it was a wheelie machine off the throttle in first. I probabally wont bother on this bike since i have only a slipon exhaust. Started fitting my GPR today, the link pipes were way too long so i have begun the task of shortening them. So far i have one side done and then need to get welded to finish but looks way better now me thinks. :thumbsup:
LOL, OK you found me out! :wink:

My pair is still there as I love the sound, it takes all sorts! Yeah snorkel mod seemed to help, I just got a couple of bits of old flyscreen mesh and zip tied it over the openings to discourage the spiders, after a couple of weeks the mesh had molded to the correct shape so I removed the zip ties and just taped down the edges with black 100mph tape instead - the mesh now looks like it's OEM! One of the guys I ride with has an SV and his wheelies are awesome but the rap leaves it for dead. :revrev:
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Wheelies?

Que future posts of front cylinder failure due to oil starvation :bollocking:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoWheelies?

Que future posts of front cylinder failure due to oil starvation :bollocking:
Oooh, thanks diz, now I've got a good excuse for not doing them! :thumbsup: