What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by ozzraptor »

Wardy wrote:55 years agoCrank case split - all repaired the other day apart from gear shaft seal waiting on it to come
is that a complete engine removal ?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Bodged up a bracket for gipro, just need to finish off wiring and paint/polish bracket ?
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoHi Miz, i have a complete parts list if you want it but not sure how to link it and it does not show prices ? they dont list all their parts on ebay so best to send them a email. They have over 2,000 parts for mv agusta and cagiva they are clearing out :shock: The parts i purchased for the damper were not on ebay , but they were about quarter of the price of OEM ! ans oem postage is a complete steal :x Emma at pfg has been extremely helpful in locating these parts for me ,actually they had them in stock but were the last ones. If you need anything just send her an email .

I'll leave it, this is like pulling teeth
152/999
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Enjoyed a nice cuppa beside her.

I'd seen a special offer over chrimbo at my local photo printing place, and got a mug made up for about AU$10 (less than six quid), and as I hadn't ever seen a nice Cagiva mug I thought I'd print my own, very nice she is too!
Mug.jpg
Mug.jpg (30.81 KiB) Viewed 6511 times
The yellow is a little washed out from my submitted jpeg:
Elphe 1.jpg
Elphe 1.jpg (125.48 KiB) Viewed 6511 times
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I think i like the mug better than the jpeg 8)

Finished fitting the gipro , wired to ignition so its off when bike is not in use. Otherwise can flatten battery if bike is not being used. Great little piece , worked straight off, not sure what the difference is but you can select 4,5,6 gear mapping for the atre part. Or off if you dont want the tre but just the gipro. 8) definitely runs smoother in lower rpm with tre on!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Neat job you've done there. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to train myself to count the gears as I work my way through them, slowly getting better at it, haven't looked for 7th in ages! :blush:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoNeat job you've done there. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to train myself to count the gears as I work my way through them, slowly getting better at it, haven't looked for 7th in ages! :blush:
I got spoilt on my last bike and since i dont have the safety switch in yet with no neutral light ,at least i have it now on the gipro. I missed not having a gear indicator.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Qzz... nice bit of work
Wardy ... bollox - hope its all sorted soon

well here the weather is :cold: ... we dont have a smilie for drowning :? and so I havent seen mine for a couple of weeks... I am just hoping that the garage is not flooded, I will put my wellies on over the weekend and investigate! We are lucky in that the water level is only an inch deep in the garden and the house is a foot above that and when (if) it stops raining we are a fair way up the hill so it will drain away quite quickly. We had better have a decent summer after this lot!
Twisted Tequila Sister
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoEnjoyed a nice cuppa beside her.

I'd seen a special offer over chrimbo at my local photo printing place, and got a mug made up for about AU$10 (less than six quid), and as I hadn't ever seen a nice Cagiva mug I thought I'd print my own, very nice she is too!
Mug.jpg
The yellow is a little washed out from my submitted jpeg:
Elphe 1.jpg
Haha, very nice, I think I have to rob your idea, coffee must taste better ! :D
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoI think i like the mug better than the jpeg 8)

Finished fitting the gipro , wired to ignition so its off when bike is not in use. Otherwise can flatten battery if bike is not being used. Great little piece , worked straight off, not sure what the difference is but you can select 4,5,6 gear mapping for the atre part. Or off if you dont want the tre but just the gipro. 8) definitely runs smoother in lower rpm with tre on!
Now its looks like I want gipro too... :doh:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years ago
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoI think i like the mug better than the jpeg 8)

Now its looks like I want gipro too... :doh:
mate you will love it and the difference is quite noticeable with the tre on ,i thought the bike wasnt running too well after i fitted it and then i noticed the tre was off, very easy to turn on or adjust gear 4,5,6 maps. Turned gipro on to 5th or 6th gear map ,cant remember which one it was now,took for a run and much smoother :thumbsup: Make sure to wire the red power wire to a switchable source , as a lot of people are finding their batteries are going flat in a few weeks of not riding. The gipro remembers its settings. I ran mine straight to the ignition fuse box. You will need an extra length of wire because the supplied is not long enough. Apart from the v- tech levers, lithium battery this is the next best thing and it looks cool too :happyhappy:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Some more bling, they actually work to !
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Oooh, I didn't need to see them!

Yeah very nice indeed, I've been thinking about them since your previous post, especially now that I'm finally getting into the complications of suspension set up (I struggle a bit on bumpy roads probably due to an excess of rebound not appropriate for my weight). But I'm also trying not to spend money so I've been trying to convince myself that from my riding position I can't see the fork caps anyway, and that if I have things to twiddle then it increases the likelihood of strangers twiddling my things on the rare occasions I leave my baby unattended. But I'm not really convincing myself!

I'm still continuing my quest to make clear front lenses for y'all, and hopefully next week I'll offer them at a reasonable price, and celebrate my first sale by splashing out on some twiddly things! :tada:
It makes sense to my twisted mind :mrgreen:

Anyway today I backed off my fork rebound adjusters (I think!), ready for some bumpy roads tomorrow. :lightfart:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Twiddly things make you feel good.Those twiddly lenses will look pretty cool too. I may be up for some while i am in the mood for twiddling! On closer look at the front rubber thingy , looks like it holds the wiring from the thermostat and i see the coolant overflo pipe as well as somat else ?
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Picked up this today ;)
Attachments
Rear_shock.jpg
Rear_shock.jpg (135.47 KiB) Viewed 6467 times