What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by Crap Tartan »

I probably have a spare original rear indicator, will have a good search over the weekend. Its yours for postage if I find one!
nil illigitimae carborundum
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

Walked right past it and took the car to work............ Again

Bloody weather. :nod:
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI'm merrily snapping rusty bolts left right and centre as I 'dis-assemble' the rear end of my bike. Can anyone reccommend a good source of stainless fastners?

Also I've broken an indicator. Anyone got a spare that they could sell me please?*

*Yes I know, I know, I should fit some nice aftermarket ones but I'm having to do this on a very tight budget. :(
I can do better than that, PM me your address and I'll pop a pair in the post to you.
152/999
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI'm merrily snapping rusty bolts left right and centre as I 'dis-assemble' the rear end of my bike. Can anyone reccommend a good source of stainless fastners?
Also I've broken an indicator. Anyone got a spare that they could sell me please?*
*Yes I know, I know, I should fit some nice aftermarket ones but I'm having to do this on a very tight budget. :(
I got a neat 'bucket of bolts' (and nuts and washers) from mr fastner (M&P) have used them on all the bikes
- however on e bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201-QTY-STAIN ... 461b068d80 there are not 200 bolts, there are 67 bolts plus attendant bits.
or haunt your local industrial estate and find out where the local fixings/fasteners/screws and bolts place is :tada:

I also have indicators somewhere in the cupboard - but looks like you're probably sorted for that :thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Bled the front brakes and put some new brake fluid through , these brakes really do work well , and my last two bikes have had radial brakes!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hey Red Mist, I bought a big bag of bolts too, they've come in handy, but remember that if you're fastening stainless into ally then you probably want zinc-plated stainless to prevent some weird reaction between the steel and ally. ProBolt (http://www.pro-bolt.com/vaf/product/lis ... 9&x=23&y=6) do some neat kits for the Raptors, but you probably don't want to click that link if you're on a budget...
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Hey Lou , i have a fetish for ti bolts , slowly replacing the "crappy rappy" rusted bolts with nice lightweight ti bolts. They are not so expensive unless you want the colored ones . You have to use copper grease on them to stop them from locking up. I have done the exhaust bolts, fuel tank bolts, and waiting on some gold frame and h/bar bolts. Next i will do front and rear rotor and sprocket bolts. The engine kits from probolt in ti are very expensive so i may get them elsewhere separately in plain silver (natural0.
I found this rear led tail light,brake light part looks like "claws" i really like it because it goes well with the theme on the xraptor . Also got a billet sprocket cover and some other stuff on the way. Forgot to mention ,as you would know when i first puchased the bike i noticed the safety vehicle switch was melted on the exhaust so i bought a whole wiring loom off ebay ($200) back in December from Italy which never arrive ,anyway i got the money refunded yesterday through paypal after i opened a claim. Yay for paypal, this is my third successful claim , lost one though when an item of jeweleery did not arrive so i got hit by a chargeback on my credit card :x lesson learnt, never send gold jewelery in the mail ! It will mysteriously diss appear.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Ooh yeah ti is varry nice, I'm on a black bolt theme though, I even managed to get a couple of black ti wee ones from a cycle shop in the states, I'm now on the cheapskates method of just painting bolt heads black, must get looking for that job! Did you get anywhere with your chain and sprocket search? And which brake pads do you have, I would have thought with that low a mileage you'd still be on the OEM?
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Thanks for your replies and offers of help.

I'm prioritising jobs just now.

Must have - New back tyre. New handlebar clamp for the brake lever.

Should have - New shock absorber.

Would like - Kliktronic front brake assy. New exhausts. Shiny nuts and bolts.

We'll see what we acheive. The best thing that could happen right now is that we have six inches of snow for the next month so I stop buying petrol and get some bike bits instead!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoOoh yeah ti is varry nice, I'm on a black bolt theme though, I even managed to get a couple of black ti wee ones from a cycle shop in the states, I'm now on the cheapskates method of just painting bolt heads black, must get looking for that job! Did you get anywhere with your chain and sprocket search? And which brake pads do you have, I would have thought with that low a mileage you'd still be on the OEM?
I dont know what the pads are but they look relatively new and stop very well . I think i will do the rear fluid as thats looking a bit yellowish . Haven looked into the sprocket thing yet but machining the hub down makes a lot of sense.
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

In the last 2 days I have bought an Abba stand, put the bike on it. Cleaned the winter crud and surface rust from the chain and lubed it (I loiks this Silkolene stuff) washed and polished the bike. Today I is going to attempt to put the Ventura rack on it. If it involves too much injury and swearing, the rack will go back in the box and I will just fill the tank, put some air in the tyres and go out to enjoy the sunshine :toocool:
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

I have replaced quite a few bolts with stainless ones. This site was very usefull.http://www.aruncas.com/index.html
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

raptor996 wrote:55 years agoI have replaced quite a few bolts with stainless ones. This site was very usefull.http://www.aruncas.com/index.html
I like the information they give about the product.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Today I added 30ml of fuel injector cleaner and 15 litres 95 RON and went for a blatt, was a pretty cruisy run but my fuel light didn't start blinking till 182km, :thumbsup:

Had a coffee, bacon & egg roll, said g'day to this bloke, fueled up again and came home :tada:
http://vimeo.com/76949668
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

raptor996 wrote:55 years agoI have replaced quite a few bolts with stainless ones. This site was very usefull.http://www.aruncas.com/index.html
Handy looking site. Ta very much.