New(oldish)guy here!

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
G3ting
On the Road

New(oldish)guy here!

Post by G3ting »

Hi there riders!

Been member for a while but never got around to introduce myself here so snapdragon still has to approve all of my posts, so I'll give it a go ;)

I'm a 23 year old guy, the name is Tim and live in Sweden.

Proud owner of an -04 V-Rap!
It's my second bike and had it for about 3 years now I think, and still love it!

The modifications I've done so far are:

Slipon from RoadsItalia
Renthal Ultra Low bars
Tail Tidy
Rear LED indicators
Bar end mirrors
Probably more that I'm forgetting right now :)

Love the handling, no problems keeping up with the competition both on track and on roads ;)

After a light crash about 1,5 years ago I've slowly been restoring it to it's original condition and become painfully aware of the lack of spare parts..
Thankfully I live near an MV-dealership that has helped my out a lot.

The most recent problem was a snapped clutch cable.. found a couple of threads about it here but left them with mixed messages, some said the TL-1000s cable would fit, some said it didn't.
Since I wasn't ready to pay a 100£ for the original cable I bought the TL-cable. It wasn't a direct fit but after straightening out the "pipes" at each end of the wire I finally got a working clutch again :D

Well, that was a short introduction from me, have a good one!
Last edited by G3ting on |March 4th, 2014|, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: New(oldish)guy here!

Post by ozzraptor »

welcome, pics ? :D how do you find the renthal bars ? I am looking for a replacemt to the stock steel ones.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Hello mate and welcome. :thumbsup:
Better to burn out than just fade away!!
G3ting
On the Road

Post by G3ting »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agowelcome, pics ? :D how do you find the renthal bars ? I am looking for a replacemt to the stock steel ones.

Hi and thanks!

Will upload some pics when I've cleaned her up a bit ;)

I got mine on Ebay, there are plenty of sellers that ship them worldwide for reasonable prices :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

welcome in ,im afraid parts are a pain anywhere. What are the roads like over there?
Bit of a Muppet
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hallo and welcome!

Yes having an MV place nearby may be handy, I'm just glad that most mechanical aspects are Suzuki and seem not too rare, and it's mainly the bodywork where things get tricky, thank goodness for this forum or I'd never have known about the Aerox light or MV carbon mudguard (still on my wish list)!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome Tim :happyhappy:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hi Tim.

Glad you've anounced yourself and you've been into Raps for a bit.

In an effort to clear up the clutch cable business, the Suzi TL cable will serve as an emergency repair as you now know. I sometimes pack one on longer trips as a back-up. It works but hangs down the side of the bike. I think most people in the UK use Venhill to get a straight replacement. They make up the cables to the original pattern, they're not that expensive, and they're good quality.

Keep the Suzi cable on for the time being, but it would be an idea to contact Venhill and ask about getting a proper length cable or two made up.