And they call that justice?? Thought I'd won!!!!

Chat about anything
VRaptorMark
On the Road

And they call that justice?? Thought I'd won!!!!

Post by VRaptorMark »

Best say hello again as I have been away for a few months.

Hello :P

As some of you know I ended up going to court last October to answer a charge of speeding. The accussing Police Officer failed to turn up to offer his evidence (or lack of because that's right he was a lying bent copper git). case was thrown out in a blink of an eye. I was awarded a defence council cost order to claim my lost monies back. Well that has been submitted and out of £1800 I am getting a grand total of £400 back!!!

WTF :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

How the hell does that work?????

Needless to say i have wrote a letter to the Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police asking for them to pay the other £1400 back to me as a result of 1 of their employee's being a lying untrustworthy bent police officer.

Not heard anything back yet but next step may well be to give the Sun newspaper a ring.... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I am just not gonna let this copper get away with this. :angry:
Better to burn out than just fade away!!
shedmonkey
APM

Re: And they call that justice?? Thought I'd won!!!!

Post by shedmonkey »

You do right, keep trying that cannot be fair.
Bit of a Muppet
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Keep on it!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I suppose that you will have to use the £400 you got to seek some legal advice on this. Absolutely scandalous. It would be one thing if the officer had shown up and you had both put your cases before the beak. It would have cost you £1400 but at least you would have won the argument.

When the offending officer did not show up and present his case, then you should automatically be awarded costs. The police have got you to spend your hard earned by stating that they had a case against you, and they obviously didn't.

This is how the police get most of their convictions I reckon. They level charges against you and then it's not a case of right or wrong; it's a case of damage limitation and working out how you get through it at the least cost - even though that may mean pleading guilty.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Red Mist You are so right.

It really does beggar belief how they get away with stuff like this. :angry:

I have wrote a letter off my own back not using a solicitor as it would be just a waste of money.

To my amazement I got home last night to find a letter from East Midlands Police Legal Services. :shock:

It says they are investigating the alleged incident and when they have all the relevant information they will address matters of liability...

Basically they are looking at it and if they think they will win a court case I can take a run and jump. If they think I have a case then they might offer me some money or a day in court. The money I will accept the day in court I will turn down,

I think this could take a while!!
Better to burn out than just fade away!!