carbon

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
msrobswe
On the Road

carbon

Post by msrobswe »

Hey guys, if no one knows this here then I am sunk!
I am rebuilding my wife's beloved raptor for her birthday and need to know where can I buy carbon? Before the end of the month :-)
bazzywazz
On the Road

Re: carbon

Post by bazzywazz »

msrobswe
On the Road

Post by msrobswe »

Brilliant, another piece sourced, thank you!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

:shock:
Spyke wrote:55 years agohttp://www.trenditaly.com/cagiva-cagiva ... 3_287.html - I have their bellypan.
Is that a picture of your bike ? The belly pan looks just like the sv1000 pan . i wouldnt mind the c/f chainguard either :toocool:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago:shock:
Spyke wrote:55 years agohttp://www.trenditaly.com/cagiva-cagiva ... 3_287.html - I have their bellypan.
Is that a picture of your bike ? The belly pan looks just like the sv1000 pan . i wouldnt mind the c/f chainguard either :toocool:
Hah, no, I think they have (had) their own. Yeah the chainguard would be nice, if they'd do it in a twill weave, which it sounds like they should if you can speaka da lingo to them.

I think some of the SV/TL bellypans didn't quite fit due to the exhaust routing, but this one from TrendItaly fit very nicely. It hung beautifully at the front but flared out slightly towards the rear so I ended up using the smaller spacer where the larger one "should have" been, and cut the larger spacer in half to make a more-appropriately-sized new smaller spacer, and Robert's your mother's brother.

I can't quite make up my mind about the rad spoilers though, whaddya reckon?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years ago
ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago:shock:
Hah, no, I think they have (had) their own. Yeah the chainguard would be nice, if they'd do it in a twill weave, which it sounds like they should if you can speaka da lingo to them.

I think some of the SV/TL bellypans didn't quite fit due to the exhaust routing, but this one from TrendItaly fit very nicely. It hung beautifully at the front but flared out slightly towards the rear so I ended up using the smaller spacer where the larger one "should have" been, and cut the larger spacer in half to make a more-appropriately-sized new smaller spacer, and Robert's your mother's brother.

I can't quite make up my mind about the rad spoilers though, whaddya reckon?
I dont like the rad spoilers , a bit too much bling me thinks