Diagnostics plug.. ?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Diagnostics plug.. ?

Post by rich-racing.co.uk »

Hi - having a problem with the engine running dog rough (again)..

Previously someone helped me out with a picture of which two terminals to bridge on the diagnostics plug to get the fault code?

Looked in my old posts but can't find it :(

Dash is showing FI and the oil light is on permanently (but the level is fine).

Previously used Wynn's dry fuel and it sorted the problem - though it's running rougher than before now.

Thanks for any pointers.

Rich.
Miz
On the Road

Re: Diagnostics plug.. ?

Post by Miz »

I would check your oil pressure/oil pressure switch, so un-plug the switch and see if the error/light disappear, if they do, remove the switch and check the pressure you are running at (or check the switch). How long is it since you changed oil and filter?
152/999
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Diagnostics plug.. ?

Post by shebee »

I have had a long search for the dealer plug short posts and i think it may have got lost at one of our site moves... If anyone knows what wires to short out please let us know. Xx. Sorry

Not a long enough search obviously...

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2447

Xx

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Problem can also be with water temp sensor.
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

shebee wrote:55 years agoI have had a long search for the dealer plug short posts and i think it may have got lost at one of our site moves... If anyone knows what wires to short out please let us know. Xx. Sorry

Not a long enough search obviously...

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2447

Xx

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Miz wrote:55 years agoI would check your oil pressure/oil pressure switch, so un-plug the switch and see if the error/light disappear, if they do, remove the switch and check the pressure you are running at (or check the switch). How long is it since you changed oil and filter?
:blush:

It's overdue a oil change - on time more than miles...

:naughty:
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Many thanks for the photo - have bridged the connectors and have code error c41 if anyone can advise on this??
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

rich-racing.co.uk wrote:55 years agoMany thanks for the photo - have bridged the connectors and have code error c41 if anyone can advise on this??
Does the bike run?

Just that all the references to c41 I can find show that the fuel pump does not prime, and this is caused by a faulty ECU not grounding the pump relay.
152/999
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Miz wrote:55 years ago
rich-racing.co.uk wrote:55 years agoMany thanks for the photo - have bridged the connectors and have code error c41 if anyone can advise on this??
Does the bike run?

Just that all the references to c41 I can find show that the fuel pump does not prime, and this is caused by a faulty ECU not grounding the pump relay.
Bike starts, and ticks over OK, but blip the throttle and it coughs and splutters terribly.
Fuel pump is priming up no problem though
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

C41 is fuel pump control relay error there is a seperate fuse for this if i remember correctly not with other fuses
Hope this helps
Bit of a Muppet
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoC41 is fuel pump control relay error there is a seperate fuse for this if i remember correctly not with other fuses
Hope this helps
Fuel pump is priming up fine, and the misfire is intermittent. Think it showed the same code a while back when I had water in the tank - and it all started on a rainy ride..

:?
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

if you get a c41 error the cause can only be a bad connection or faulty relay but its got to be an electrical fault, but it may be an intermittent bad connection.
I wouldnt have thought that water would show any errors unless its corroded the connections in the tank, as there are no fuel pressure sensors or flow sensors so the ecu wouldnt know there was an issue just the bike wouldnt run but the ecu monitors the relay feed but im not sure if it is looking for voltage or current.

But i would still recommend draining the tank to get rid of any water if you suspect any is in there.
Bit of a Muppet
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Some of the guys on a local forum down here recommend running a cup of meths through the fuel every 6 months or so, at about 40:1, apparently the meths absorbs water, and combusts fine, so I'm thinking it might be an idea you sodden (sodden, not sodding :lol: ) folks might like to try?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

Shedmonkey is spot on. Checkout the relay. Nothing to do with pump or fuel.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

bazzywazz wrote:55 years agoShedmonkey is spot on. Checkout the relay. Nothing to do with pump or fuel.
Don't forget the feed/signal to the ECU, as the pump could be running fine, but the signal degrades to the ECU so it "sees" a fault and goes into limp mode.

Not sure if our ecu will have a limp mode, but I'm sure it does.
152/999