New fuel pump//tank gasket

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
spank36
On the Road

New fuel pump//tank gasket

Post by spank36 »

So i was riding home last night and my bike started running like a heap of shite. I quickly realised what it was when I felt fuel spraying on my leg and the back wheel started sliding all over the joint.

Had a look at the fuel is just spraying out of the left side of the fuel pump at the bottom, rear of the tank. I had to tighten it all when I got it so it must have just decided to give out.

Does anyone know where I can get a gasket for it? Or another fix? Its my daily commuter so ideally I want to get it back on the road asap but I still want it done right!

Cheers guys.
spank36
On the Road

Re: New fuel pump//tank gasket

Post by spank36 »

Alright looks like I fixed it. Turns out the fuel line from the fuel pump was loose and spraying the fuel everywhere. I tightened and checked everything while I was there.

Hooked it all back up and looks like I got out of it all for a tank of fuel
Last edited by spank36 on |September 3rd, 2014|, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

spank36 wrote:55 years agoAlright looks like I fixed it. Turns out the fuel line from the fuel pump was loose and spraying the fuel everywhere. Hooked it all back up and looks like I only had got out of it all for a tank of fuel
D.I.Y :happyhappy:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Result! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister