Rear shock dimension question

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Rear shock dimension question

Post by ozzraptor »

Guys does anyone happen to know the size of X Raptor 1000 rear shock eyelet to eyelet ? or even V Raptor 1000 although not sure if there is any difference in length ? :) thanks for any info
V4mp
On the Road

Re: Rear shock dimension question

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoGuys does anyone happen to know the size of X Raptor 1000 rear shock eyelet to eyelet ? or even V Raptor 1000 although not sure if there is any difference in length ? :) thanks for any info
Crap Tartan wrote ones:

"just dragged out my spare original type shock and took some measurements;

top mount width is 34mm

bottom mount width is 42mm

length of shock is 310-312mm

this was just an eyeball/tape measure job so dont hold me to any great accuracy!!!lol"
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks mate that will do :happyhappy:
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

I seem to remember the xtra shock is 10mm longer than the v.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

bazzywazz wrote:55 years agoI seem to remember the xtra shock is 10mm longer than the v.
Hmmm, that would make sense to allow for the rebound damper adjuster ? The only way i will know for sure is to take mine out ,i guess i could measure it on the bike give and take a few mm :)
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

After some more research it appears in some tech specs that the rear shock may be 5mm longer than standard raptor , either way it seems the xtra raptor shock is longer than the v raptor and raptor 1000 . Thats why my triangles would not work and caused the shock rebound adjuster to foul on back of engine case although they are advertised to fit "ALL" raptors :angry:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I just got an email from an Italian suplier and they said the xtra rap shock is 317mm and the raptor 1000 is 312mm fwiw if you thinking of replacing shock make sure you get the right model or at least with ride height adjustment :happyhappy:
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Raptor 650 and 1000 have the same shocks?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Dante wrote:55 years agoRaptor 650 and 1000 have the same shocks?
thats correct with exception to xraptor
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoAfter some more research it appears in some tech specs that the rear shock may be 5mm longer than standard raptor , either way it seems the xtra raptor shock is longer than the v raptor and raptor 1000 . Thats why my triangles would not work and caused the shock rebound adjuster to foul on back of engine case although they are advertised to fit "ALL" raptors :angry:
Did you get this shock to fit? I'm a bit late picking up on this, but I have sourced one of these shocks for my raptor. :)