My XRaptor has been stolen!!!

Chat about anything
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: My XRaptor has been stolen!!!

Post by ozzraptor »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoIt might not be......look what just happened to drag itself into a local Salvage yard.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171809051457? ... 26_rdc%3D1

I've emailed Abarth.
WOW maybe nice work Dizzy , if it is get down there and on to the police straight away before it magically dissappears

Is it 238 ??

Araf wrote:
#238. :mrgreen:

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... raf#p27451
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Yes, it's number 238.
I'm trying to get down there, but I've no transport until Thursday
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I have informed the police in Bexley Heath that the Xtra Raptor number 238 of 999, with the registration supplied by Abarth has turned up in a place far far away from them. I have been given a reference number, if I am to contact them again.

They are to contact Abarth, and they suggested that he might not know that it has been recovered ...... ...... Wether he does or not, I'd like to hope I can at least have given him the closure as to where it currently is.
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Its done a few miles since but doesnt look in too bad a nick considering , i wouldnt be surprised if it gets deleted off ebay soon
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoIts done a few miles since but doesnt look in too bad a nick considering , i wouldnt be surprised if it gets deleted off ebay soon
I have no idea. Thing is, its at a company that obviously deals with salvage, so above board. Its likely the insurance company has sold it on after recovery, and its all above board. I know where it is and I'll be taking a visit this week. Just wish Abarth gets the email/call from the police and gets in contact, so we can put this one to bed!
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Hey All. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I too noticed that my bike has appeared on the Bay. I couldn't believe it. I was recently advised that it had been found in a container unit at tilbury docks bound for Nigeria.
What stuns me is the fact that my insurance assessor advised that it was smashed to bits. However the very helpful met PC suggested I take a look as it didn't look to bad to him. Insurance company would not play ball. Wouldn't let me buy the salvage either. The Bay pics are the first I've seen and the damage looks very superficial to me. How could that be a CAT C??? I'm lucky that I got paid out properly, but can't help feeling that there has been an inside job on disposal of the salvage. That said, I'm glad that the bike will likely be restored and kept on the road.
Thanks to all on the forum for your support. I may return if the right machine comes along. Back on an RSV for now.
Cheers
Ant
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

When I broke mine I had to fight tooth and nail to not have it as a cat c. I won, and mine is far worse damage than yours !

Thanks for the reply. With this in mind, I might rob a bank and try squeezing it in with mine! Chance be a fine thing, I'm skint !

Can't believe they had the cheek to say it was so smashed. But then knowing what my assessor was like inspecting mine in my garden, it's not surprising!
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Hey there
If this was auctioned off as a Cat C, they will have paid substantially less than 2k. I reckon a strong offer a little over 1500 might get it. Honestly, the bike is tip-top. I know from the police that it had not been ridden, so mechanically it will be as I had it and it was perfect. Mileage is all legit, motor and box very strong. New oil etc. I spent more time cleaning it! I had the cans/links made for it and they are new, unmarked and not cheap. The cowl will just come off (the dealer clearly doesn't know it) and can be thrown until another comes along or have one made up If you could get this for circa 1700, you should. It would be great to see it back in the hands of a fellow member!!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Just as I looked up how much it was going to cost for insurance, the ebay listing ended(because its no longer available), it wasn't due to end til the 29th :(
SO, if I had the chance to get it, I just lost it by the looks. I'll ring them in the morning, but I doubt its been pulled for any other reason :x

Wouldn't mind but it was peanuts to stick it on my multibike!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoJust as I looked up how much it was going to cost for insurance, the ebay listing ended(because its no longer available), it wasn't due to end til the 29th :(
SO, if I had the chance to get it, I just lost it by the looks. I'll ring them in the morning, but I doubt its been pulled for any other reason :x

Wouldn't mind but it was peanuts to stick it on my multibike!
Hey dizzy , i saved all the info of the auction
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Cagiva XTRA RAPTOR 1000 2005 (05) DAMAGED REPAIRABLE
Category C repairable salvage, Stolen recovered

Seller information
rs_motorcycles_ltd (211 )
100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
See other items
Registered as a Business Seller
Item condition:
Used
Classified ad price:
GBP 1,995.00
ApproximatelyAU $3,987.38

Watching
Add to collection

This is a classified ad listing. There's no bidding on this item, so contact the seller for more information.
Contact the seller:
+44.(0)1706.873323
+44.(0)7885.645361
Email the seller
Item location:
Todmorden, United Kingdom
Item specifics
Condition: Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read more
Reg. Mark: **05 *** Get the Vehicle Status Report

Year: 2005 Mileage: 15,368
Manufacturer: Cagiva Engine Size: 996
Model: X Raptor 1000 Gears: Six-speed manual
Type: Super Sport Start Type: Electric start
Colour: Black Drive Type: Chain
Date of 1st Registration: 01/07/2005 Number of Previous Owners: 3
• Overview
• Vehicle Details
• About Us
• Showroom
Vehicle Print Out
£1,995.00 Cagiva XTRA RAPTOR 1000 2005 (05) DAMAGED REPAIRABLE
Category C repairable salvage, Stolen recovered
Model Year: 2005
Mileage: 15,368 Miles
Engine Size (in ccm): 996
Interested?
Call Us
01706 873323
or
07885 645361
or
Email Us
or
Visit our Website
VEHICLES ARE SOLD WITH NO WARRANTY GIVEN OR IMPLIED.
RS Motorcycles (Halifax) Ltd
South Grain Farm
Bacup Road
Todmorden
Lancashire
OL14 7HT
Find out where we are

CAGIVA XTRA RAPTOR 1000 2005 (05)
CAT C
STOLEN RECOVERED
15368 MILES

*LIMITED EDITION NO 238/999*

DAMAGE TO:
BOTTOM OF IGNITION,
BOTH LEVERS,
CORROSION TO FOOTPEG BRACKETS,
CRACKED CARBON TAIL POD,
MARK ON TANK.

XSS CARBON SILENCERS FITTED.

GOOD TYRES,
RUNS WELL.
In case anyones interested!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

a few more pics
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

In case anyones interested ,seems a bit dodgy to take it down if all is legal ?
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Pictures make it look in half decent nick. In the flesh it looks like it was dipped in the sea at its stay at the docks for a while . I viewed it this afternoon .
Real shame.

The young chaps gob fell on the floor when I took the cowl off. I really don't think he knew there was a pillion seat under it!!!

It was going to come home with us, but it needs more tlc than I can give, and honestly , my crash damaged V is in better condition . There was no room for negotiation . So we walked away. :-(
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Thats a pity Dizz, I would conside wasting some of my redundancy on that xtrta just to fix up and put away for them hazy suuny day runs.................

So why was there no negotiation, thats not like a salvage dealers, they are usually very keen to move stuff on?
nil illigitimae carborundum