Help me.....

Chat about anything
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Help me.....

Post by Spyke »

There are plenty of tales out there of Ducs bursting into flames, personally I think having the unshielded fuel delivery pipe sit on the engine is not a great idea. Here's a pic of what mine looked like when I took the airbox off, the black mark that I've put a red oval around is a mark left by the fuel pipe....
WooshaSmall.jpg
WooshaSmall.jpg (226 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Thanks spyke, is that the same engine as on the scrambler? I cannot remember which you have. But i think its safe, we have to spend money on waterproofing the garage and workshop first! :ride:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Mine's a 2004 620ie that's pretty much bog stock, it's not the same engine as the scrambler but I'd now be paranoid about buying anything from a company that builds more apparently self-igniting-bonfires than any other brand and that appears to have so recently produced a bike where the unshielded fuel lines are permitted to melt onto a hot cylinder. The fact that they're now trying to flog everything from Duc branded coffee machines and ground coffee to a range of gents smelly stuff as well just adds to my concerns. And then of course there's the memes.
ImageImage
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

Thanks Spyke, i seem to have got over the lust with your help and not going near the dealershop. Probably...
Twisted Tequila Sister
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Haaa
Bit of a Muppet
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

sucked in
cowelly
On the Road

Post by cowelly »

you gotta give it to the ol duke guys. It's a great looking bike and a scream to ride I bet. Also quite cheap imo. I'd planned on building something similar with a yamaha tr1 but could'nt find a decent one so as yet have done nothing about it. If I was up fer a new bike I'd seriously consider the duke :nod:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Meh, Ducs are like arseholes & opinions these days...i.e. everybody has one! They've definitely lost the "exclusive & exotic" cachet that they used to have before they invested so heavily in their sales & marketing arm.
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

I am over the duc now... Providing i stay away from the dealership... But i did see one of the new 750 watercooled harleys the other day... Now that has potential! But realistically the next purchases will probably be a honda grom... Msx125. From the sublime to the rediculous :shock:
Twisted Tequila Sister
pod
On the Road

Post by pod »

Any "scrambler" that comes with matching patio furniture is wrong IMO, maybe if it came with spare bars . The kach brown seat cover turned me right off them.
Pod
Stay calm.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

LOL, yeah the hipsters do seem to be dead set on resurrecting brown as a colour, seems like they don't remember the 70s. Or was it the 60s?! :blink: