Interchangeable parts?

General spannery stuff
Boofhead
On the Road

Interchangeable parts?

Post by Boofhead »

G'day all,
Just a quick question. Are the infill panels under the seat & on the side of a Raptor interchangeable between Raptor/V-Raptor & Xtra-Raptor? I'm at my wits end at finding carbon bits from a reliable source. However there is an American company selling these items on ebay, but the fields you fill in with your own bikes details say my bike is not compatible (2005 Raptor). They all look the same but maybe there are small changes I can't see?? Can anyone help me please before I hand over any hard earned cash?
Cheers from Boofhead
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Interchangeable parts?

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hey Boof,

I have changed the seats and panels from my V to the 650ie and vice versa and bought panel parts from various sources before and never known any not to fit any model of raptor.
The 650 has a slightly differant subframe but only to allow the grab handle to fit and as far as I am aware the 1000 was exactly the same for all variants in this area other than finish.
I have came across these drop down boxes before and it only shows the sites lack of knowledge of these bikes!
I dont reckon you will have a problem with any of the seat/side panels
nil illigitimae carborundum
Lexio62
On the Road

Post by Lexio62 »

Hi Boofhead - do you have the link to the carbon parts you've found?
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

I bought the carbon seat trims and 'side panels' from an American ebay seller, the parts actually came from the far east, but they are on my stock 1000raptor, the side panels took a bit of gentle bending, but they are on.

I am sugesting that they are the aame as v raptor, going on my experience with the panels.

The carbon panels themselves are of good quality, and arrived in reasonable time.
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

Lexio62 wrote:55 years agoHi Boofhead - do you have the link to the carbon parts you've found?
G'day Lexio,

the companies name on ebay is Nuracing Carbon Fiber Parts apparently in California....hence why 'fibre'' is spelt wrong lol. I checked out their website to see if the bits were cheaper but it leads you back to ebay.

The links are below. I ended up buying an Aprilia swingarm instead !! :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2002-2007-Ca ... SwEK9T9vl6

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2002-2007-Ca ... SwRLZT9voF
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

Those are the items I got, they are OK. :)
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

geoff wrote:55 years agoThose are the items I got, they are OK. :)
Thanks for the heads up Geoff.

Do you have any pics of what the infill panels look like on your bike that you can share?

I'm a little unsure of how they will look without the those factory slits that are in the original panels...I'm just a little fussy when comes to my Rap is all.

Cheers from Boofhead
geoff
Knight of the realm

Post by geoff »

Here is a shot, not detailed, but it shows the bike .
Attachments
IMG_20160715_082858.jpg
IMG_20160715_082858.jpg (154.87 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

geoff wrote:55 years agoHere is a shot, not detailed, but it shows the bike .
Thanks for doing that Geoff. They look pretty good, so I'll have to invest in a set next pay :D

Cheers from Boofhead