Advice please !

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Nicky X

Advice please !

Post by Nicky X »

I have just re-purchased a Raptor 100, and instead of making do with it have decided to treat it better ! So, can people advise on a decent screen ( It used to have one but I can't find anything online except for a 125), decent mirrors ( it has round old style, upgraded indicators, a good looking tail tide and a rack !
I would really appreciate any advice really on making it a little more cool.. it runs well apart from awful back brake and a titchy oil leak which will be addressed..
Thanks
nickst4
On the Road

Advice please !

Post by nickst4 »

Hope you enjoy your 1000 (not 100, I hope!).

So far as I'm concerned, no screen is cool unless you like wind-noise. Probably the best mod for improved rideability is to upgrade the suspension, but it doesn't come cheap. Tail tidies are generally grotty bits of cheap bent metal but a lot of people like them.

Just enjoy the ride!

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Advice please !

Post by andybaggies »

I would really appreciate any advice really on making it a little more cool..
Being a rare 20 year old Italian it's pretty much inherently cool :mrgreen: So perhaps just clean it to within an inch of it's life...

And most ways of making it more cool involve money, work & engineering ability e.g. exhausts, single side swing arm, strip and luminous green frame, full front fork replacements etc etc. But as Nick has already mentioned there is a possibility of replacing the fork innards with whizz bang adjustable stuff.
Nicky X

Advice please !

Post by Nicky X »

nickst4, it is 1000 😁