Tank Specially Designed Support

General spannery stuff
swm
On the Road

Post by swm »

Hi,
The Workshop Manual often states 'Lift and Prop the Tank with the Specially Designed Support'.

I am unable to see any pictures in the Manual, or find any pictures with internet searches, of this support and am not sure what it should look like and where it is designed to fit.

While I'm working in my garage I have a Specially Designed piece of wood :D that I use, but I would like to know what the support in the manual looks like and if it is designed to be fitted to/carried on the bike so that it can be used when away from the garage.

Does anyone have a picture of the support as supplied by Cagiva, that they can share with me please (Not your own specially designed pieces of wood e.t.c. :D :D ).

Thank you.
Ciao
swm
On the Road

Post by swm »

Sorry,
Should have mentioned, bike is Raptor 1000
Ciao
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Can't say I noticed one pivoted beneath the tank like my Ducatis when I lifted it the other day. I didn't think to look in the tool-kit for a separate item though; just used the wood block method. I must check it out!
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I could well be wrong here but I thought this was them. And I have no idea how they 'work'.
PXL_20230903_155507702.jpg
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

And I've also just found the middle bit in the photo below that the two other pieces will fit into to extend their length. But again no clue how they all 'work' together.
PXL_20230903_162308626.jpg
swm
On the Road

Post by swm »

Hi Andy,
Thank you for the pictures :thumbsup:

Would you mind showing them again against a tape measure? And if possible a close-up of the centre piece.

I presume they must store under the seat. I wonder why the centre piece is off-set?

Thanks again. :happyhappy:
ciao
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Photos will be along in the next message. As can be seen from the first the middle bit is tubular at each end and the other two pieces fit into them perfectly. They can be fitted either way round and I haven't got a clue which way is correct, or indeed, if it is correct that these pieces do go together. This can be seen in the next two photos.

And the last photo shows the tool kit they came out of and as you surmised the whole lot sits behind the battery. Btw the tool kit isn't tool bad for a bike supplied one and although useful at the roadside I wouldn't fancy using it for much more.
Last edited by andybaggies on |September 4th, 2023|, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

PXL_20230903_173543798.jpg
PXL_20230903_173620160.jpg
PXL_20230903_173646827.jpg
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

PXL_20230903_173853115.jpg
swm
On the Road

Post by swm »

Excellent :happyhappy:
Thank you very much. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ciao
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Ha! Toolkit: what toolkit? Seems like one of the 4 previous owners of my low-mileage 1000 pinched the toolkit so that explains why I've never come across those odd bits. It'd be fun to see them in action, Andy!

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

nickst4 wrote: 7 months ago Ha! Toolkit: what toolkit? Seems like one of the 4 previous owners of my low-mileage 1000 pinched the toolkit so that explains why I've never come across those odd bits. It'd be fun to see them in action, Andy!

Nick
Perhaps rather than pinching it they just couldn't be bothered with the hassle of putting them all back in the pouch and the even greater hassle of putting the pouch in the bike... :lol:
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

And I've had a thought on how it might all fit together.

Connect the two piece's straight ends into the middle piece and then one of the angled ends can be inserted into one of the tank bolt holes and the the other angled end can be inserted into one of the frame's (tank) bolt holes. The angles will prevent the bars from slipping through and thus support the tank.

I'll have a go at this when I next lift the tank up.