Newbe To the Raptorchapter

Chat about anything
keithr68
On the Road

Post by keithr68 »

Hello All
Just wanted to introduce myself, being new to site, and having first raptor, great site lots of stuff and info, to look through, I have a 2002 with under 10k, with none standard bars and a duel headlight mini fairing, first issue was poor cold starting found the fast idle wasn't adjusted correctly, then vacuum building in the tank, disassembled cleaned filler cap, seems to have sorted it, jobs over the winter sort out some of the poor paint,on footrest hangers etc. might be looking for change the headlight back to standard,set up maybe LCD tho, so could be looking for standard bars and headlight fitting, got a workshop manual (photo copy) some of the photos are not the best tho, at least the text is good,
I'm up in the north east of Scotland, would be interested to find out if there are any members up this area.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Welcome to the fancy! These bikes go very well and are reliable when sorted.
You may want to get the footrest hangers blasted and powder-coated, becuse removing the remains of the paint and smoothing them off is a difficult job!
I'm pretty sure there are other Scottish owners...

Nick, in Norfolk
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Yo! welcome in. As you have already seen there is loads of good info in here if you look carefully and there are still a few of us about that can fill in any gaps.

So what model have you got? 1000, Raptor or V-Raptor or perhaps the 650? 10k miles is nothing for these engines/bikes - not even reached it's first major service yet :) Load up a photo if you have one - it'd be interesting to see the fairing.

Regarding the fuel tank, there is a overflow drainage hole/pipe from the top of the tank where the filler cap sits that goes through the tank and exits on the bottom LHS down behind the side panel. That oftens gets blocked with crud and you can disconnect the rubber pipe unscrew the adapter and give it all a good clean out.

Enjoy :ride:
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Welcome.
I'm in Scotland as well but down in the Borders in Stow.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
keithr68
On the Road

Post by keithr68 »

andybaggies wrote: 6 months ago Yo! welcome in. As you have already seen there is loads of good info in here if you look carefully and there are still a few of us about that can fill in any gaps.

So what model have you got? 1000, Raptor or V-Raptor or perhaps the 650? 10k miles is nothing for these engines/bikes - not even reached it's first major service yet :) Load up a photo if you have one - it'd be interesting to see the fairing.

Regarding the fuel tank, there is a overflow drainage hole/pipe from the top of the tank where the filler cap sits that goes through the tank and exits on the bottom LHS down behind the side panel. That oftens gets blocked with crud and you can disconnect the rubber pipe unscrew the adapter and give it all a good clean out.

Enjoy :ride:
I've a 2002 bog standard 1000 model, except someone changed the bars and headlight, cleaned out the drainage pipe as well, as there were a few good posts about it,