Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Buy or sell it here.
Please note that due to abuse by commercial traders and spammers/trolls New members of the chapter are unable to post in this section until they have made 5 posts elsewhere.... sorry ... see you in the Bar?
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

Hi has anyone got any forklegs and a shock for sale for a raptor 1000 ?
nickst4
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by nickst4 »

I've got one, possibly two, Aprilia shocks lying around that I bought for the Raptor but now don't need as I went for a Matris unit. The problem with fitting them is that the damping valve at the base may not clear the linkage or swingarm but you'd be welcome to try one. I've probably a 10K miles original shock too if that would suit you better.

Nick
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

Hi Nick how much for the standard one ? Thanks
nickst4
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by nickst4 »

I must check in my store that I still have it and/or the one off the 650, but you can have it for a fiver plus the cost of postage. We are away for a week tomorrow so I hope you can wait!
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

Thanks so much I hope you enjoy your week. I can certainly wait it's a project it's been in a field for 19 years
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

Thanks so much I hope you enjoy your week. I can certainly wait it's a project it's been in a field for 19 years
nickst4
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by nickst4 »

Hi Monkeyman,

I've sorted-out a couple of shocks for you, one being from the 1000 and one from a higher-mileage but newer 650. They appear identical to me, the ?650 one having more important-looking Sachs decals. The springs are exactly the same thickness, as are the lengths and eyes. Make your choice and send your address!

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by andybaggies »

Forklegs in decent condition are tough to find now & buying new may be the answer.

6 months or so back I bought a a pair of complete forklegs from a DUtch breakers & they were in excellent condition. But they where the only ones available at that time.

In the lower caliper hangers etc are in good condition and you reckon you could unscrew the old stanchions it might be best to buy just those in brand new.
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

monkeyrocco wrote: 1 month ago Thanks so much I hope you enjoy your week. I can certainly wait it's a project it's been in a field for 19 years
monkeyrocco wrote: 1 month ago Thanks so much I hope you enjoy your week. I can certainly wait it's a project it's been in a field for 19 years
,Hi Nick that's great I think I shall go for the 1000 one. I don't know how to send a private message not that my address is secret but I am sure that your bank details are . If you send me those I can pay you first
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

Thanks for the info Andy I am going to try and separate the fork leg sometimes this week and see what happens. One leg is perfect so I am lucky there. Wemoto has the stanchions not to expensive but they quote different parts numbers for different years I will give them a call once I have either separated or knackered the fork :D
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

Yesterday My mate and I separated the fork ( he is a Mechanical engineer ) I am just a 66 year old apprentice well we knackered it !
I had to drill out the grub screw and I must have left a bit of swarf in and it picked up on the thread in the alloy thread of the knuckle
andybaggies
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by andybaggies »

Darn it... I suspect many hours will be burnt scouring the web for parts... and if they are difficult/expensive perhaps changing the whole front end may be the way to go.

I see this guy, in Germany, has a couple of complete fork legs at 200 sovs per side :shock: plus other Raptor stuff - remember some of the 650/1000 bits are interchangeable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn= ... rio&_oac=1
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Wanted raptor 1000 parts

Post by monkeyrocco »

I have sourced a new upgraded adjustable set still boxed in Italy they are on their way . Assuming I will have to pay vat and import duties they are still the cheapest option even more so as will have a very good left leg to sell . This will be the 3rd raptor I have owned the first being new in 2002 the forks were awful from the get go . I had a new leg under warranty and it was worse until I mixed my own oil out of desperation. I didn't have enough fork oil to hand so I put a mix of approx 30% ATF and the rest fork oil did 18k in 2 years and it was fine.