Help Please...!

Chat about anything
bolero
On the Road

Help Please...!

Post by bolero »

I have my new V Raptor and already I love it... however I do have a couple of questions Im kinda hoping you can help me with.. As the bike is 2nd hand I'd like to know if its totally standard.. I think maybe it already has the rear suspension link changed.. but I dont know because I dont know what a standard raptor link looks like.. Mine is bright shiny steel.. are they all like that?

Also does anyone have any suggested settings for suspension preload and tyre pressures... Im about 12 stone.. only ride solo. and use it hard n fast on A & B roads...

Thanks for all your help in advance
Steve
ayuluv
On the Road

Re: Help Please...!

Post by ayuluv »

bolero wrote:55 years agoI have my new V Raptor and already I love it... however I do have a couple of questions Im kinda hoping you can help me with.. As the bike is 2nd hand I'd like to know if its totally standard.. I think maybe it already has the rear suspension link changed.. but I dont know because I dont know what a standard raptor link looks like.. Mine is bright shiny steel.. are they all like that?

Also does anyone have any suggested settings for suspension preload and tyre pressures... Im about 12 stone.. only ride solo. and use it hard n fast on A & B roads...

Thanks for all your help in advance
Steve
izzit the baines link?? up more height for the rappy..
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

I dont know if its standard or modified.. how can you tell?
CRIMSONDEVIL

Hi there

Post by CRIMSONDEVIL »

Here is your answer concerning the diference between original rod and Xtra's one.

Original is the dirty one on the right and Xtra is the shiny one on the left. Xtra is billet and original is extruded profile cutted. Xtra is shorter than original one. 8)

My website : www.crimsondevil.ch

Cheers
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

My french is very limited Crimsondevil but I note that on your site in 'moto'-'Raptor 1000 evo' is a good picture of what,with the billet link you've shown above, I believe to be the triangular link that lifts the rear ride height?
I've read many posts about them but this is the first one I've seen
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
bolero
On the Road

My Link

Post by bolero »

This is a photo of the rear suspension on my bike.. I'd still like to know if this is standard or not (sorry to harp on about this..)

So is the triangular wotsit a factory part.. is the link standard too

thanks again in advance for your help

er.. how do I post the picture..?

oops
Steve
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Would have to be hosted somewhere bolero - I've used the parent site's gallery to post image urls like this - but I cant seem to stick the pic on like crimsondevil did
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

http://photo.noddingdogs.org/97/g9755.jpg

Ok, this is a picture of my rear suspension link... Is this standard...

Thanks for you help!

Steve
hpyraptor
On the Road

Post by hpyraptor »

You can't tell from the photo unfortunately. I have got the aftermarket plates fitted and the differences are subtle unless they are placed next to one another.

Acouple of things you could try. With aftermarket plates fitted to my V Raptor the seat height directly above the centre of the rear axle nut is 615mm. That said I have bumped up the preload a little to accomodate my 100kg bulk (16 stone in old money) so sag may be a little more on your bike.

Only other way I can think of is to park alongside a an unmodified pre 2004 Raptor (not the Xtra as it is raised anyway) and do a straight comparison. The seat height raises by about 55mm on a modified bike and GREATLY improves handling!