(Nearly) New Raptor

Chat about anything
Dangermouse

(Nearly) New Raptor

Post by Dangermouse »

Hi All,

Have been put onto thewebsite by ozzy after quizzing him about bits on ebay. Thought I'd drop by and share the joy of the Xtra Raptor I just bought from a salvage company (hoping it wasn't one of you that crashed it). Pretty serious damage to the front end which needs replacing, but hopefully she'll be on the road in the next month or two.

D
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Hello and welcome :D
wayne
On the Road

front end

Post by wayne »

Hi Dangermouse,
have you got a front end lined up? Might be difficult to find a replacement due to the low no's of Raptors over here. I have seen a Raptor with a Ducati 916 complete front end in it. It's on www.forza-italia.co.uk website,look under 'forza people' then Donalds Raptor...
Chris & Martin at Forza are very helpfull ( they've got links with Baines Racing who used to race Raptors aswell) & they sell carbon/glassfibre parts for raps too.Might be worth a call...
Wayne
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Looks interesting... I notice that there's someone in the parts section here who's flogging a nosecone - I'll see what they say.

D
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

look down the posts in general chat.look for an akroprovic post on same page as your posting. its by fok67.send him a private message.when I was last chatting with him a few weeks ago he mentioned he had changed his forks.this would have been a while ago,but you never know he may still have them.no harm in asking.seems hes changed most of it so no telling whats left.glad you found this site,they are a great bunch here.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum Danger Mouse... glad you are resuing a crashed one.... best of luck! 8)

I think the post Ozzy meant is this one... about half way down...

http://www.jahlis.net/s2r/viewtopic.php ... ight=#1862
wayne
On the Road

v-rap nosecone

Post by wayne »

Dangermouse,
It was me selling the nosecone, but you've missed it by a week, numanoid has just bought it. I originally bought it from Forza-italia at a cost of £170 ( in GRP ) for the cone & horns. I've just fitted a KTM Duke 2 nosecone to mine ( looks wicked ! ) if you don't want to go for the v-rap 'look'...
Wayne
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

I've got a pair of forks for sale. They have a few stone chips on the stachions which means they really need rechroming. If you are interested send me an email or PM. I may also have a front wheel if you need one.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

thanks everyone, its good to see that when you tell people to come here for help as I was unable to help, that people actually do.even if its only advise they have to offer.
Dangermouse

199 of 999

Post by Dangermouse »

Thanks for everyone's responses - I've now got a pretty comprehensive list of the bits I'm going to need (i'll post it in the parts section if anyone's interested :D ). Not sure it's final, as I'm going to have to try and bend a few things back into shape, and I don't know if they'll take the strain.

Does anyone know if the clock and CPU are coded to the bike and key so you have to buy them from Italy?

Wayne - interesting about the horns and cone from forza, I spoke to them and they wanted £300 for just the horns. That was in carbon fibre though, don't know whether yours were carbon or placcy...

Also, I kind of want to get the seat recovered - like a tit I managed to rip the material as I was unloading it from my lovely hire van. Shouldn't have tried to do it by myself I suppose. :(

Am trying to keep the whole project within a budget of around £3k - ludicrously cheap for an x-rap I know, but I'm only a financially challenged young first time buyer. Will keep you posted.

D
wayne
On the Road

v-rap nosecone

Post by wayne »

Dangermouse,
OUCH £300 for the horns , bit expensive that ,even for carbon. The cone & horns that I got from them were glassfibre ( good thickness though ) and I got them Feb 04 so maybe the prices have crept up a bit since then. Have you been in touch with Mike Edwards on here, he seems to have bits spare?
wayne
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

£300 for horns is cheap,well cheapest of all dealers,next nearest to that is carbontek.com at £360.i have standard ones for sale on ebay for £20.they would do for now
Actze
On the Road

Post by Actze »

Mike Edwards wrote:55 years agoI've got a pair of forks for sale. They have a few stone chips on the stachions which means they really need rechroming. If you are interested send me an email or PM. I may also have a front wheel if you need one.
Hi Mike i checked your website and I enjoyed to see you racing with your Raptor. I am also preparing for Italian naked championship.. I hope I'll have more luck than in year 2003 when I did only first 4 laps of the first race before crashin down and brokin both hands!! :cry: :x

This year we'll race against ugly but fast Aprilia Tuono and nice and also fast Benelli TNT. I tried a Benelli TNT on track and i can assure you that his engine really rulez! But I'll try to do my best with our dear Raptor bike...

But which kind of races did you try with Raptor? I ask cause i notice that you race also against super sport bikes, not only naked bikes... :?:
VRaptor 1000 - Beautiful like a burnout on the face of a policeman
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

Actze wrote:55 years agoHi Mike i checked your website and I enjoyed to see you racing with your Raptor. I am also preparing for Italian naked championship.. I hope I'll have more luck than in year 2003 when I did only first 4 laps of the first race before crashin down and brokin both hands!! :cry: :x

This year we'll race against ugly but fast Aprilia Tuono and nice and also fast Benelli TNT. I tried a Benelli TNT on track and i can assure you that his engine really rulez! But I'll try to do my best with our dear Raptor bike...

But which kind of races did you try with Raptor? I ask cause i notice that you race also against super sport bikes, not only naked bikes... :?:
In the first year of the series we were sharing a grid with the SuperTwins which was mainly Ducati and Aprilia Mille machines. Amazing how many we could beat with just 70 hp.

In 2004 and 2005 we have had enough entries to make sure that we have a grid of our own. We have 35 SV650s plus my Raptor 650.
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

I will be lending my Raptor 650 to the 'other' Mike Edwards (ex-British SuperSport 600 Champion).

He will be racing it in the MRO MiniTwins Series at Silverstone on the 21st and 22nd May.

The races should be shown on Sky Sports a couple of weeks after the event.