Riding to Italy..

Chat about anything
bolero
On the Road

Riding to Italy..

Post by bolero »

I'm riding my Raptor to Italy from the 9th-20th May... I intend to visit the factory, anyone know where it is?

Thanks
Steve

If anyone here has ridden there before, some suggestions for particularly good roads would be most welcome..
Dangermouse

Cagiva Factory

Post by Dangermouse »

I think the factory is in Varese, near Piedmont and Milan in Northern Italy. I'm not sure if they deal direct for their products or anything though. If you're really going down there in May, I really need some bits to get back on the road - maybe you could help me out while you're down there...

DM
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

We will definitely be there.. I kinda thought it was in Varese too.. isn't that where the VA in Cagiva comes from?

Anyway, if you need some bits, and I can carry them on the bike.. then i'll pick them up no problem..
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I promised my Rap I would take her to visit the factory one day, but maybe I'll wait till the miles have got to a more interesting number.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

Well..

What brilliant rideout. 3800 miles in 10 days, including 5 days messing about on alpine roads!!!.. and we managed to get down to Savona to swim in the med with my Raptor parked on the beach..!!.. Got loads of photos to post.. So will get on with it..

However, doing about 130 or so the chain snapped, (luckily on the way back and only about 200k from Calais). This kinda destroyed er... the chainguard, the rear number plate hanger, the number plate, the n/s rear indicator, the bit of trim the runs under the from the side panel along and under the seat to the back, most of the seat, the clutch cover, the seat lock and a few bits of my leg!!..

So i need some parts... Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks and regards
Steve

(NOTE: Always check the chain tension again, once loaded up and sitting on the bike!!)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Ouch Bolero!!! are you ok? :shock:
Not nice :cry: .
Suzuki clutch cover will fit if you can't get Cagiva. I would write to Cagiva - must be their fault as you'd been visiting them after all :wink:

was it the original chain?
SnappY
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

Lol.. thanks Snap... yeah im fine now.. with some lovely bruises...

I think it was the original chain... but can't be sure.. I'd measured a bit of a tight spot in the Alps.. but couldn't find a dealer in Italy with a chain in stock.. so had decided to risk it...
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I think I'd best sticky the chain warning post i did a while ago. Mine went off very quick on the original.

I'd recommend a Tsubaki X ring chain and Renthal sprockets - they've given good service so far.

It could be worth talking to Baines racing at Silverstone - I got some spares from them.

For the plastics you may find replacing them with carbon stuff will be better in the long run
SnappY
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

totally agree with snap on chain and sprockets, i took her advise and brought this combo. excellent choice. i used b&c they are the importers that places like baines/forza get theirs from.they carry stock and will arrive next day.the sigma x ring is the one to buy.be hard to snap that. look at www.bandcexpress.co.uk for info and phone number. this combo cost £124 including p&p.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

oh meant to say,as for the plastics again snaps correct, forza which are sorta part of baines at silverstone sell carbon seat trims for £90, well thats what i payed earlier this year.sold my plastic ones to numeriod. but if you order from 3x you will be waiting atleast 3 months . i ordered a seat hump cushion and 3 months later still no sign.forza have a two week turn around.or if you want them quicker look at www.carbontek.com. all info and prices on there site.usually one week turn around there. i just find that forza are better as they actually let you choose the size of the weave on the carbon so you can be sure everything matches if like me you have spent nearly £1,500 on carbon
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

oppps niether of my links on previous posts work .sorry.missed a d out of the word "and " on bandcexpress and no idea why the carbontek ones takes you elsewhere so manually type into search engine and your there
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

http://www.carbontek.com

and Ive fixed the other one... thanks for the pointers Ozzy!
hebs

Post by hebs »

Can anyone tell me what chain it is for the 1000, what length and the likes?
Miz
On the Road

Chain

Post by Miz »

Hiya, the chain is a 530 with 106 links.

Hope this helps

Miz
hebs

Post by hebs »

Yeah cheers Miz, gonna order one soon from www.apexleisure.co.uk. They seem resonably priced. :)