NEW RAPTORS FOR 2006 ?

Chat about anything
wayne
On the Road

NEW RAPTORS FOR 2006 ?

Post by wayne »

Just read a snippit in the comic (MCN) yesterday that Proton are directing some cash at Cagiva and that there could be an all new Raptor out next year (plus a 125). Lets hope it's the long awaited X3 that they keep teasing us with at various shows ! Put my name down for one , just got to go and sell the wife and kids....
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

I think they were doing the usual MCN trick and telling us what we already know, i.e. the updated Raptor 650 will be out shortly.

MCN have the approach that if you throw enough rumours around you are bound to get a few right eventually. The obvious Aprilia 450 SuperMoto engine in the old RS250 chassis springs to mind.
JLittler
On the Road

Post by JLittler »

The Aprilia 450 range will definitely be expanded according to a mate of mine who works for a bike mag here in Oz (AMCN, no relation to MCN). The 450 in the RS250 frame is a *very* good chance now they've got the super motard and dirt versions on the deck.

Although I'm not really sure if there's a market for it - I doubt it'll sell well here in Oz anyway- although I personally would love one I'm a bit unusual in my bike tastes.

JL