Ouch!! bent Raptor

Chat about anything
snapdragon

Ouch!! bent Raptor

Post by snapdragon »

Raptor's don't do grasstracking - official

Well at least with snapdragons aboard they don't :cry:

need a right hand hanger (or get it fixed) a radiator, and gear lever end. not sure what else as it's dark and she's only just been brought home
:evil: silver peeple carrier!! :x
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

what a bugger , i got nothing for you im afraid (except sympathy) i did the same on my guzzi a few years back with a few drinks in my guts and the grass soon turned to dirt as i tried my best to tunnel to the centre of the earth (not a happy feeling)
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

The sourcing of parts is going on apace. and we shall see what arrives

The grasstracking was not my idea, 'twas the idea of the chap in the peeple carrier that decided I didn't exist and pushed me onto the verge where the storm drain got us, at least that's what the witnesses say, I have no recollection other than
1, thinking "raptors dont grasstrack very well"
and 2, "ouch i cant walk on that foot and my ribs hurt" by which time there was a policeman there and my helmet was off
SnappY
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Thanks MikeEdwards, Ozzy and Miz for your ideas, not sure yet if I'll need any other parts but hopefully we have sourced radiator, gear lever, and can hanger
SnappY
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Oh no!!!! So sorry to hear about your off :cry: Hope you get sorted soon.
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Oh, bad news Snap. Hope you're OK (most important) and you get the bike sorted (nearly as important).

Hopefully you caught the culprit?
So many motorcycles, so little money!
rich
On the Road

Post by rich »

Sorry to hear about your spill but glad to hear you are not badly bashed up - the bike can always be fixed.

I hope the guy stopped and you make sure you screw him (his insurance company) for every penny you can get.

Rich
Vaguely ridicules though nevertheless entertaining
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Ah, :shock: yes, :evil: hmmm :roll:

classic IDSY which included driving off without a by your leave unfortunately.
Witnesses were too concerned about me (which was nice) to note the number, and due to the excess on my insurance there's probly no point in losing NCB for what would be very little return.
I've yet to find out just how spectacularly (or otherwise) the "action" was, as I haven't spoken with the witnesses, being out of it for a while :oops:
SnappY
DrBagiva
On the Road

Post by DrBagiva »

Hope you both get fixed soon,
Regards,
DrB
Dangermouse

Smashy not nicey

Post by Dangermouse »

Major Bummer!

Know the feeling you get when you realise some berk puts you down for a dirt sandwich because he doesn't have eyes in his head. Also know the hassle of trying to get bits for a raptor so you have my sympathy on both counts. Hope you're back on the road soon.

D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Hmm, just managed to get on the bike and take her round the block, (a nice little windy route mostly in the GLF zone) and although the forks feel fine and she's tracking ok, the bars have a definite unbalanced feel. it looks like they have bent a somewhat :shock:

so your thoughts please guys and gals, do I need new or will I be able to knock them back into shape?
SnappY
oogachaka
On the Road

Post by oogachaka »

Thats excellent news Snappy!!!

I'm so pleased for ya to get back out on yer bike. me next!

Rav says replace the bars, it could be difficult getting them back to how they should be and there are loads of after market ones out there that are reasonably priced.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

oogachaka wrote:55 years agoThats excellent news Snappy!!!

I'm so pleased for ya to get back out on yer bike. me next!

Rav says replace the bars, it could be difficult getting them back to how they should be and there are loads of after market ones out there that are reasonably priced.

Nod Nod... Glad to hear you are well enough to have a short ride.... do I feel a purple renthal attack comming on??? 8)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Hmmm mayyyyybe, but I have no idea how to do it - and I only just put heated grips on :(
SnappY