Raptors give as good as they get!

Chat about anything
oogachaka
On the Road

Raptors give as good as they get!

Post by oogachaka »

Tother day i was hit by a cage whilst i was minding me own bussiness at the red traffic lights.
It's looking increasingly likely that my poor beastie will be a write-off. The cage didn't fair well either as the engine was pushed through the bulk head.

I can't see me being able to claim on their insurance cos a) he did a legger and b) he was on a so say test drive!
I'm fully comp but if i claim i loose my no claims and i wont get insurance or afford to insure another raptor :cry:

Oh did i mention it hurts!

I'm gutted.... totally!

So with a bit of luck i might be posting a whole list of needed parts (fingers crossed) at worst i might be selling whats still ok.

I'll keep you posted.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Ouch!! :evil: what a bastid!!!
Hope you're feeling a bit better Ooga am sending good mend-it thoughts your way.

surely it's your insurance companys job to pay you and then retrieve from the other party, thats what we pay for isn't it?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
oogachaka
On the Road

Post by oogachaka »

according to Carole Nash, if the other party isn't covered on the owners insurance then i will have to claim on mine as i'm fully comp. If the owners insurance has some kind of extension to cover other parties whilst test driving then i'm alright and carole nash will claim it from them and i get to keep my no claims and get a hire bike.

oh and i cant claim from M.I.B cus i'm fully comp :roll:

I'm not a religious person but i'm praying now!

All four leaf clovers greatly received here...lol
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

whats the police have to say about this.if the person who hit you was on a test drive with out his own cover,the cover would be provided by the garage/shop.if it was owned privately then the person who let him in the car is responsable for making sure anyone driving his car is insured, hes committing a crime otherwise. iam sure hes either claiming money off his insurance or the driver, for the car,migtht be worth a little pressure there as if hes insurance did cover the driver would he tell you,his premium will go up too. if hes got money the treat of you pushing the law to apply the full penaltys of law against him might encourage him to help cover repairs instead of fines etc.otherwise a basball bat helps.
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

sorry to read all these disaster stories lately but dont take it lying down. insurance sux $$$ but dont let these tin top mongrels get away with it.....i like the baseball bat part though
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

another point for anyone reading, carol nash plus alot of other insurers let you protect your no claims for just a little more.when you consider the above insident its well worth it.
oogachaka
On the Road

Post by oogachaka »

very good point.

I would have protected my no claims but was told that i couldn't with only 3 yrs as its only available for 4 yrs or more...
oogachaka
On the Road

Post by oogachaka »

heres pics of the cars damage... hence the title!http://www.ukbikeforum.com/forum/index. ... topic=9654

The pics are half way down page one, their a tad grainy cos it was a mobile phone camera.