SEAT HUMPED.............

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
IANGA
On the Road

SEAT HUMPED.............

Post by IANGA »

Just lost my rear seat cover thingy at about 100mph. I recovered it from the road but now have found that the flimsy brackets under the seat side panels are goosed. Has anybody repaired these successfully? Are there any other methods of fixing this.... :wink:

rgds
Ian
Miz
On the Road

Seat Repairs

Post by Miz »

Hi,

I got some ally mesh from a car spares shop, cut and moulded it to fit inside the plastics, then used some araldite to hold it in place, oh don't forget to sand the inside of the plastic first to give the glue something to grip to, then drill the fixing holes through the mesh. took some time, but it seems to have worked!!

Miz
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

i have replaced my hump with a carbon, but the original hump that came with the bike had similar damage. what the previous owner had done was to fit d clips or zeus clip, same either way. all that entails is drilling holes somewhere in the area near the previous ones where the seat panels come closest to the hump. affix the clip receptical on rear of seat panel either with glue or rivet. simply but in clip and turn. so much easier than original set up