sidestand.needed for stainless copies

Chat about anything
ozzy
On the Road

sidestand.needed for stainless copies

Post by ozzy »

does anyone have a spare side stand to sell.100o v rap
the frame lug where the stand bolts onto recently broke off, due to previous owners pulling bike over on stand to get wheels off ground.we welded it on securly, but was not quite in same position.how bike leans over too far.so welded nut and bolt on bottom of stand,does job ,but ugly.so my local engineer is going to make me one in stainless abit longer.£45 un polished.so need as spare to use while he copies mine with extension.can use the replacement then if anyone wants standard ones made.
Miz
On the Road

Sidestand

Post by Miz »

Hiya,

I don't have a stand to sell, but I can manage without mine for a little while, I can leave the V on its paddock stand in the garage, and I have to use the van for work anyway, let me know if this would help you out, and if so, let me have an address to post the stand to.

Miz.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

thanks alot miz, nice to know that there are genuine people out there who wanna help. however ill pass as there is no telling how long its going to take to make it. my engineer does cash jobs for me in his spare time. he has already made stainless gear lever+linkage,brake pedals,cooler grill and front fluid cylinder bracket. they all look great polished, but took six weeks longer than estimated as they need to be plotted for laser cutting.he did do alot of items in one go,but was not busy then like he is now. so no telling how long b4 i could return it.
again thanks alot
Miz
On the Road

Salty, Gritty Roads.....

Post by Miz »

OK, not a problem, but the offer still stands!!! :lol: I generally do not use the V after the end of Nov(last rally of the year), and don't like to use it until all the salt has gone, (first rally usually in Mar) so if you are still in need of a loan just let me know.

TIE