Speedo Sender Unit

Chat about anything

Moderators: snapdragon, shebee, Moderators

KAOS

Speedo Sender Unit

Post by KAOS » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:19 am

Hello from Australia its cool down under :)
This is my story.
I bought a 2000 Raptor 1000 very cheaply at the beginning of this year it was an unloved motorcycle so I thought I'd give it a new home and some love, it has received both, but it repaid me by letting the speedo go mental while wizzing down the Hume Highway at a highly illegal speed, and being booked by Johnny- Policeman.
Anyway I did some checks or so I thought, I believed it was the Sender Unit so I bought a good secondhand one for $100, installed it, tested, still a mental speedo, so I pulled the headlight out took the speedometer off and low and behold the main plug wasn't pushed in properly, I could just spit !!!!!!
Now I have fully functioning speedo and an incredibly good fun bike to ride, I love it.
Thank you Cagiva, and thank you for letting me join this on-line group.
Cheers KAOS :)

nickst4
On the Road

Re: Speedo Sender Unit

Post by nickst4 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:09 am

Good to have you with us, and well done for finding the source of your problem! It's a pain when you've gone to all that trouble and expense and find such a simple reason for it, but the feeling of YES!!!! makes up for it. :D

Nick

Trevor68
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Re: Speedo Sender Unit

Post by Trevor68 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:36 pm

Welcome, they are a great ride. Hope to get mine out more soon, going to be 20 degrees today in our nations capital, so warming up nicely. 8)